Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image ?

You don't think Nick was very tough vs Gomi? Daley?
Nate getting kicked in the face by Masvidal and kept fighting: that's not tough?
I dislike the Diaz bros, but your thread is a big pile of shit.

In response to your edit, what the fuck does a Nate fight have to do with Nick and his supposed toughness? You keep being confused about who we are talking about.

What is wrong about what I said? I would like to see an argument made for why Nick didn't quit. If this were any other fighter you know what the reaction would be. People still shit on GSP for tapping to strikes and I'm not even sure that happened. How is this any different?

1. I didn't say Nick didn't quit.
2. You didn't ask if Nick quit...
2a. Thread title: "Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image?"

See the question you asked?

3. Nothing wrong with GSP tapping to strikes. Obviously he knows how to handle his own body and career since he never lost again.
4. It's not any different.

Who cares if sherdoggers shit on Nick or GSP for quitting. They call in sick to work when they're well and get paid to post here. They can't even handle the pressure of their life without tapping out lol

1. I didn't say Nick didn't quit.
2. You didn't ask if Nick quit...
2a. Thread title: "Does Nick Quitting Tarnish The Diaz Bros Image?"

See the question you asked?

3. Nothing wrong with GSP tapping to strikes. Obviously he knows how to handle his own body and career since he never lost again.
4. It's not any different.

Who cares if sherdoggers shit on Nick or GSP for quitting. They call in sick to work when they're well and get paid to post here. They can't even handle the pressure of their life without tapping out lol

That wasn't my thread title, a mod merged my thread into an older thread. I'm going to take this post as you accepting that Nick Diaz quit in a fight and doesn't have the legendary toughness that his hardcore fans kept pushing.

Although his volume was impressive, he looked shot and I think he knew that he wasn’t the same guy he used to be. He didn’t seem fully committed when it came to his preparation and although he did get through some tough spots in the fight, he didn’t have the same desire he used to have and decided enough was enough and conceded defeat.

Watching live I was disappointed. I’m over it now though. I don’t feel that him saying no mas tarnished his legacy. The guy in the cage on Saturday wasn’t the same Nick Diaz from 2001 to 2015. If he quit in his prime against Condit I might have had a different reaction. We can’t hold 2021 Nick Diaz to the same standards we held a prime Nick Diaz.

I’m happy he didn’t get seriously hurt in there. I wish the best for Nick. I care more about his overall life than I do his fighting career. I’ll always love the guy.

Obviously him being off for years, alcohol and substance abuse and lack of motivation plated a factor in his durability. He was no where near the level if shape he was in back when he was competing regularly. So no, your post is bs and yes you are trying to sgit on Nick.

Alchol/substance abuse = poor performance. You said so yourself. Durability was lacking along with heart.

@blaseblah spoke some truth here. I think you are taking his comments a little too personal. It was a poor performance from the opening kick to the retirement.

No,that's retarded

Alchol/substance abuse = poor performance. You said so yourself. Durability was lacking along with heart.

@blaseblah spoke some truth here. I think you are taking his comments a little too personal. It was a poor performance from the opening kick to the retirement.
Yes I said alcohol and substance abuse effected his performance, Im not sure why you're repeating exactly what I said and acted as if you proved a point lol. I was simply stating that Diaz' ability and desire to take punishment and keep fighting has greatly reduced due to his lay off. That doesnt make his entire career of being one the toughest guys in the sport and being in countless wars mean absolutely nothing because of one fight after nearly a decade off and years of alcohol abuse.

It seems like you're the one who is taking things personally since you've obviously looked at my post history and tried to argue with me on the only two posts I made today hahaha.

Edit: everyone knew Nick was coming back for a payday in this fight and I agree that he didn'tlook like wanted to be in there. He quit. That doesnt erase the history of his entire career is my point. So comparing him at this point of his career to Bryan Ortega who is young, hungry and fighting for the title is just stupid. I don't think you even understand what you're trying to debate lol.

Last edited:
Nope. Unless you think people tapping to submissions instead of accepting their arm breaking tarnishes their image

He got dropped, got his nose broken, and decided there was no reason to continue fighting with that damage and to damage it more.
you guys are such fucking hypocrites.

if Adesanya or Usman quit like that and they would be mocked as pussies and become the laughing stock of Sherdog

the excuses you guys pull out of your ass for your favourite fighters is so funny considering you would never apply those excuses to fighters you don't like

As a fan of his, it really bummed me out. But that’s just selfishness on my part I guess. He knew he was done. What take unnecessary punishment?

you guys are such fucking hypocrites.

if Adesanya or Usman quit like that and they would be mocked as pussies and become the laughing stock of Sherdog

the excuses you guys pull out of your ass for your favourite fighters is so funny considering you would never apply those excuses to fighters you don't like

Nope. I’ve always advocated that tapping to strikes or a corner throwing the towel should happen more often and be acceptable

If you’re done, a fighter shouldn’t have to just turtle up hands over the ears and get punched until the ref stops the fight. That’s just unnecessary but if that happens stupid fans think the fighter at least fought to the end or something

That wasn't my thread title, a mod merged my thread into an older thread. I'm going to take this post as you accepting that Nick Diaz quit in a fight and doesn't have the legendary toughness that his hardcore fans kept pushing.

Oh, gotcha.

He's actually tougher than ever, now. He gives 0 fucks about the truckloads of criticism he's getting from this decision. Imagine the guts that takes especially when you have social anxiety.

Props to Diaz. Dude is legendary status in toughness in and out of the octagon over 20 years.

Dude, these are cage fighters. And the reason folks tune into the Diaz brothers is because of their authenticity & toughness. If you aren't equipped for the rigors of getting punched in the nose, stay retired. Nick has survived more harrowing situations but he just doesn't have the fight in him anymore. It's one thing to have a physical decline, but to forego the mental edge that made you a legend & fan favorite is something else entirely.

Sounds authentic and tough of him to comeback for a fight after 7 years off.

Either way, you'll believe what you want.

People on this forum need to grow up lol.

He got seriously hurt in there and didnt want to take anymre damage. The guy is almost 40. Talking about image and reputation is ridiculous and immature. The guy could have had his life altered for the worse if he continued.

You people need to realize that theyre putting their health on the line for entertainment and $. No money is worth continuing that fight for Nick Diaz and your entertainment means zero at that point.

Half of the people on this forum have literally never thrown a punch and youre talking about their image lol.

Absurd.
I disagree.

You're talking about him being older and wanting to look after his health, not take any unnecessary damage, ect. THEN WHY TAKE THE FIGHT TO START WITH.

Fans paid to see him go to war and fight until the end like his brother does and he used to do that everyone expects

Verbally quitting (while still completely conscious) from and a minor knock down (which he's had many times in previous fights) isn't just tarnishing what got them their names and paychecks, but robbing paying fans of what they wanted to see.

"I didn't want to leak blood every where in front of you guys"

The fans are used to Diaz brothers leaking blood everywhere on the canvas. It's that mentality to never quit and paint the canvas red while doing so that got him his million dollar pay cheques, and he took this pay cheque to fight Lawler.

I'm not disappointed that he's conscious of his health now, just that he made that decision after taking a fight.

It's perfectly fine to quit taking punches and avoid unnecessary punishment, just don't take a fight in the cage where that stuff is going to happen. I have no interest in ever seeing Nick fight again and you'd be niaeve to think their brand didn't take a hit after Nick quitting like that.

THEN WHY TAKE THE FIGHT TO START WITH.
Because he needs the money.

duh-magazine_673155_1.jpg

Interesting that their hardcore fans will excuse it but then shit on DC for crying, Forest for running out of the ring, GSP for tapping to strikes, etc.

I was surprised and disappointed. I also feel like he would have shit on someone else quitting like that which is quite ironic.

I still like the guy but this was weird and unexpected.

Back