Does MMA Make You Stupid?

Not to hate on Wand but I'm surprised he can still talk like a normal human being.

All those wars he's been in and the hits he's taken. Not to mention Chute Boxe training sessions

My brain not born book reading man. UFC more good than collage. Me no wonder nothing about. Just Bleed.

Sherdog can make you stupid, I can attest to that!!

Seems to be a lot of posters shitting on sherdog instead of commenting on the article itself. How strange. Apparently making light of a serious situation and attempting to shit on this website is much more interesting than discussing the serious topic at hand.

I honestly wonder about some of you. Whether you're paid shills by the UFC attempting to skirt an issue which directly correlates to how your handlers do business. Others are likely ignorant kids who do not understand the gravity of the situation.

As someone who has campaigned about this subject for years at sherdog I find the fact so called "fans" want to avoid legitimate discussion about this subject troublesome. If not outright suspicious.

We routinely see "fans" attempt to excuse the business practices of the UFC with any number of absurd reasoning. All of which is white knighting an organization which makes incredible profits while short changing the back bone of their business, organization. The fighters.

These fighters are the reason we are here at this website in the first place. How about you show some respect for what they do instead of marching off into left field?

Seems to be a lot of posters shitting on sherdog instead of commenting on the article itself. How strange. Apparently making light of a serious situation and attempting to shit on this website is much more interesting than discussing the serious topic at hand.

I honestly wonder about some of you. Whether you're paid shills by the UFC attempting to skirt an issue which directly correlates to how your handlers do business. Others are likely ignorant kids who do not understand the gravity of the situation.

As someone who has campaigned about this subject for years at sherdog I find the fact so called "fans" want to avoid legitimate discussion about this subject troublesome. If not outright suspicious.

We routinely see "fans" attempt to excuse the business practices of the UFC with any number of absurd reasoning. All of which is white knighting an organization which makes incredible profits while short changing the back bone of their business, organization. The fighters.

These fighters are the reason we are here at this website in the first place. How about you show some respect for what they do instead of marching off into left field?

Sorry. the description clearly threw a lot of people off.

Sounds like the doctor has worse brain damage than Liddell.

Contrary to his popular image, Liddell wasn't in that many firefights during his career prime.

Still in a few though. Took some shots from Vitor, and got seriously rocked by Overeem and got dropped like a stone against Mezger (shot back to his feet like a cork though and knocked him out haha). Those are just off the top of my head.

Contrary to his popular image, Liddell wasn't in that many firefights during his career prime.

Still in a few though. Took some shots from Vitor, and got seriously rocked by Overeem and got dropped like a stone against Mezger (shot back to his feet like a cork though and knocked him out haha). Those are just off the top of my head.

The issue is probably people (like me) commenting based on the title, before reading the OP, and crucially, the linked article.

Which is actually proof Sherdog makes peopl behave stupidly, so I'm right. But in all seriousness and conspiracy theories aside, it's worrying that this isn't a more widely discussed and researched issue.

Dana white has done many good things for UFC fighters over the years. Title shots, fight bonuses, reality TV show deals, plus most of the UFC fighters "in wars" recieved extra pay behind closed doors.

They are happy so don't feel so bad for them.

And mma is safer than boxing, boxing is 100 percent getting punched in the face, unlike mma which has grappling as well.

True about his UFC appearances, but who knows how much damage he sustained in training or in his kickboxing career prior to MMA

MMA fans love this saying, but how good can it be for your brain to be KOd and then eat a frw follow up punchs before the reff has a chance to stop it

I'm gonna assume you've heard the 10 count argument.

I dont understand the point of this thread...this is a fight sport. Every single fighter will experience SOME DEGREE of head trauma. Some will show now signs down the road, and others will show it very badly and it will be sad.

Its part of the sport and common sense.

A very good article and quite thought-provoking.

It depends on the fighters styles, guys like Cruz, Anderson, GSP, Maia, Jones take very little damage so they would be far less likely to suffer the consequences later in life. Than there's guys like struve and schaub who'll probably suffer later on due to the kos they've suffered. But in the end these guys choose this career path, more or less knowing that they can suffer severe injuries.

Agreed and I feel in general compared to boxing, UFC is still 'safer' as far as head trauma is concerned. Outside of the guys who enjoy slugfests, it seems like fighters would take less damage to the head than that of a boxing match because of the variety of techniques employed in MMA.

Also the UFC seems to be on point with their medical suspension. Grant still hasn't been cleared to fight for the belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back