Does Mirsad Bektic still have potential to become featherweight champion?

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
He's getting a huge push by the UFC fighting on the main card. I remember people being very high on him when he was undefeated and winning all his fights in dominant fashion. He lost against Elkins in arguably one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history. Also had a slip up against Emmett, but that fight was so short that it's hard to take anything away from that. I still believe he's destined to become champion.

He reminds me of LHW Misha Cirkunov

Very good grappler, solid striking but questionable defense, durability and fight IQ.

He reminds me of LHW Misha Cirkunov

Very good grappler, solid striking but questionable defense, durability and fight IQ.

Good comparison. No, he's almost 30 now, this is his peak I reckon. Solid featherweight, but not a top contender. He will beat Ige though.

Yes he can !! Great fighter.

Dan ige is also a great fighter.

May the best man win.

His chin is garbage.
CreativePowerfulFawn-size_restricted.gif

He's getting a huge push by the UFC fighting on the main card.]
The UFC has been pushing him since day one. He beat some lesser opponents and was top ten ranked after 3 fights. Even after he ate some losses from true competition he always fought guys higher in the rankings, on main cards and what not, and remained in the rankings. If he can become champ? That's up to the UFC; they can make or break you. If they see something in you, they'll give you bigger easier matchups that get you close to a title, just like all those TAM guys.

He's getting a huge push by fighting on the main card? You realise Juan Adams vs Justin Tafa is on the main card right?

I'm not that sold on him anymore. He didn't fight smart against Emmett, which was a tough matchup, but still. His chin, cardio and defense are questionable, as other people have stated.

He might have lost a lot of his prime to injuries. People were so high on him, more so than Holloway or Fili, back in the day, but then we didn't see him fight in years. It's such a shame. :(

It depends. If the division dries up, and he gets lucky, then yes. Any fighter can win on any given fight night. So, if the fight is for a belt, then the winner will be the "champion."

The real question is he going to dominate the division? I doubt it. He lost a fight he was suppose to win against the Damage. That is not a good predictor of future success.

I know GSP lost to Matt Serra, but it wasn't because GSP was smeshing Matt Serra, and Matt Serra somehow found a way to hang in there until his moment. Matt Serra got his puncher's chance, and that was it.

Mirsad lost even though he was dominating. That is some Todd Duffy stuff. LOL

I would say no. I expect him to lose to Ige tonight. Don’t get me wrong he’s a solid talent but he’ll never wear the strap.

I don’t even remember these guys fighting. Wtf

He kinda shit the bed against Emmet in my eyes. Decided to strike with him when he could've outgrappled him. We'll see what he does this fight. Ige is a dark horse.

He's getting a huge push by the UFC fighting on the main card. I remember people being very high on him when he was undefeated and winning all his fights in dominant fashion. He lost against Elkins in arguably one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history. Also had a slip up against Emmett, but that fight was so short that it's hard to take anything away from that. I still believe he's destined to become champion.

I will put it this way .....he definitely have the skill set to be champion

Back