Does mickey gal really stand a chance?

I'm really on the fence with this one, but I edge towards Sage for a few reasons.

Sage has more experience and against better fighters. Mickey only has 3 fights, all of his opponents are 0-1. Sage's opponents in the ufc, 4 total, have positive records.

Sage has a stand up game, though it is still very green. Mickey hasn't show any stand up not even against CM Punk.

Mickey has his bjj going for him, but I feel like black belts have a tough time getting subs in the ufc so to a have bjj background is no guarantee.

I don't know how anyone can be confident enough to pick a side in this match. Gall is still a wild card, who knows where his ceiling is at this point.

I don't know why Gall is the favorite to be honest.
He's the bigger guy and Sage doesn't look too powerful at WW, but still.. Sage is the more proven fighter.

Proven mediocre. I don't see that as a positive.

Sage has a stand up game, though it is still very green. Mickey hasn't show any stand up not even against CM Punk.

Wrong. He knocked down Mike Jackson with the first punch and Jackson's entire background was in various standup disciplines.

i like sage but he has terrible fight IQ he constantly tries to grapple even tho he is the superior striker

Gall panic wrestled against CM Punk. All Sage has to do is time a knee for the first second of the fight when Gall runs in for a double and Sage will have the quickest KO in UFC history.

There's getting caught in a legitimate sub, like McGregor did, and getting caught in a sub from a position where that submission legitimately should not work, like Sage did. One thing that speaks to is heart and his ability to tough it out under pressure. That shit doesn't change overnight.
Actually Mcgregor gave up the moment he shot the lazy takedown knowing what was to come next, then showed good heart and will after the 3rd round in the rematch. Although not over night he learned to overcome adversity over 6 months.

There's a reason Punk was fed to Gall, he's being pushed to be star

Sage isn't that good. If he was shaped like Daniel Cormier there would be no hype.

The UFC has given Sage the easiest competition available and he's still struggled horribly.

I knew you'd like that cruz compliment
124.gif

I'll take the hard-nosed kid from Jersey over the coddled fruitbag

If he gets sage down it should be a cake walk. Sage's bjj has looked pat barry level. If the ufc hadn't been giving him such horrible competition he wouldn't have a single win. he's not ufc caliber. maybe one day he could be but they jumped the gun and brought him in too young tmoo now they have to try and protect him.

Gall by sub.

Sage sucks, he has no ground game and his striking seems ineffective as fuck, he also has terrible fight iq.

Back