Does mickey gal really stand a chance?

People that think Sage has a massive advantage on the feet... LMAO. Watch his fights.. his striking is terrible. He has terrible defense and a worrying chin. Although we haven't seen much of Gall, this fight may be close everywhere.

Is there any footage anywhere of Gall's striking? That's a big potential factor too. Because if Gall isn't that bad on his feet then Sage is done.

Well he's the favorite so Vegas thinks he has a chance.

yes of course. take him down and submit him.

I think Gall has all the tools to beat Sage and I'm betting heavy on him.

Have a chance? I'm pretty confident that Gall will win.

Once Gall gets it to the ground he's the much better fighter because he's the much better grappler. Sage's takedown defense has looked horrible by the way and now he's going up in weight class.

Gall wins easily imo. Sage won't keep distance and use his karate like he should. He'll clinch, get taken down, and submitted :(

Gall wins easily imo. Sage won't keep distance and use his karate like he should. He'll clinch, get taken down, and submitted :(

Not because Sage wouldn't want to but because he doesn't have the skills to do it. So either he takes Gall down or Gall will take him down but this fight is going to the floor which is why Gall should win.

Is there any footage anywhere of Gall's striking? That's a big potential factor too. Because if Gall isn't that bad on his feet then Sage is done.

From what i've seen from Gall... i'm inclined to say he's equal to Sage. For Sage with the background he has.. in not impressed

I'm sure he didn't learn at all from that loss, just like McGregor got subbed again vs Diaz.

There's getting caught in a legitimate sub, like McGregor did, and getting caught in a sub from a position where that submission legitimately should not work, like Sage did. One thing that speaks to is heart and his ability to tough it out under pressure. That shit doesn't change overnight.

I don't think many of you have being paying attention and truly understand the beast that is Sage Northcutt! The dude ripped an apple in half! In half!

Gall is gonna get starched and I can't wait.

Fuckin cocky jersey prick

As the odds-on favorite, he has more than a chance. My sherdog money bet went to Sage though.

According to my Sherdog analysis Sage will destroy him.

Gall apparently used to be a part time truck driver I believe to pay for his BJJ classes while in school. Kid is a hard worker and I'm definitely rooting for him this Saturday.

Also, Sage not having the best TDD + Gall being a BJJ brown belt makes Sage a big underdog.
No shame in that....I drove a truck for years to pay for my BJJ's

Gall needs to get this to the ground. If he doesn't. Sage wins. This fight is fun. A throwback of sorts. 2 young guys putting it all on the line. Great story to be told.

Gall definitely has a change, especially on the ground. Gall might be relatively new, but so it Sage. The biggest difference is that Sage is much more hyped due to his "Ken" look.

Gall needs to get this to the ground. If he doesn't. Sage wins. This fight is fun. A throwback of sorts. 2 young guys putting it all on the line. Great story to be told.

And how wouldn't he ? Sage has been taken down 7 times already, all by smaller and lesser athletic people than Gall.

And I don't think that it's any guarantee that Sage wins the standup. Sage may well have the advantage at kicking range but it's an MMA fight, not a karate point fighting contest. Gall seems to hit hard and he's the naturally bigger man.

Well he's the favorite so Vegas thinks he has a chance.

I don't know why Gall is the favorite to be honest.
He's the bigger guy and Sage doesn't look too powerful at WW, but still.. Sage is the more proven fighter.

Back