Does Michael Vick Have The Strongest Arm In NFL History?

I pray you're serious.

He can kick a forty+ FG
Nails threes on the reg (on the court and in bed)
And now this? Holy shit.

I am. That was before a SNF game. They were talking about how much of an athlete he is.

Tons of NFL QBs can throw it 65-70 yards. The key is what trajectory they use. Example: 1:20 of this video...

Here's Luck throwing it 70 yards on Pro day:

Jeff George allegedly threw the ball over 90 yards on the fly at an NFL combine. He's the only QB besides Elway where I've heard that number alleged anecdotally from these sorts of "behind-the-scenes" eyewitnesses (though none of this stuff is much behind-the-scenes anymore).

Manziel, 2015 Peyton Manning, and Cassel have the strongest arms I have ever seen

Kordell Stewart

27 own yard line to the opp 1-2 yard line

71-72 yard throw

This was a bomb by any standards but it makes it more impressive when a manlet does it.

55 yds by Elway

Not NFL but #4 in the vid is at least 70

Jeff George allegedly threw the ball over 90 yards on the fly at an NFL combine. He's the only QB besides Elway where I've heard that number alleged anecdotally from these sorts of "behind-the-scenes" eyewitnesses (though none of this stuff is much behind-the-scenes anymore).

Yup. To this day I still here/read the ocaisional Jeff George story from scouts when this stuff gets talked about on sports radio and so on.

If memory serves, Vinny Testaverde was said to have a pretty strong arm as well. At a Pro Bowl QB challenge he threw an 80 plus yard pass or some shit which I believe is still the record. I think Favre has a 77 yard toss on record in those challenges too.

Don Meredith of the Cowboys threw an 83 yard pass in the air (before the catch and run) from what I've read, so there's also that.

Here's Luck throwing it 70 yards on Pro day:

I am more impressed with long bullets than these heaves that take forever to get off. Jeff George was a freak in that way. The guy could throw a 50 yard bullet. Guys that can heave the ball look good when you have someone like Moss or Megatron. Culpepper looked like a hof player for a few years just bombing it to Moss.

Elway. Hands down.

He'd be worshiped as the greatest national athlete in history if he'd been born in Finland. Wouldn't have played football, obviously.

Because he's an awesome hockey player?

I am more impressed with long bullets than these heaves that take forever to get off. Jeff George was a freak in that way. The guy could throw a 50 yard bullet. Guys that can heave the ball look good when you have someone like Moss or Megatron. Culpepper looked like a hof player for a few years just bombing it to Moss.
Agreed. That's why Elway is such a #1 to me. He had the raw Vince Wilfork power to throw (allegedly) a 90-yard bomb hail mary, but he would also throw 45-yard lasers when he could plan his back foot. Rodgers threw three different passes this year that impress me with his throwing power far beyond anything Vick has ever shown me (Remedy posted one), and two of them were off-balance bombs.

Wasn't it written into Elway's scouting report that he could throw the ball 50 yards crossfield on a rollout against the direction of his body? WTFshit.
Because he's an awesome hockey player?
Javelin is their national pastime. Javelin is to the Finnish as speed skating is to the Dutch or short track is to the South Koreans. It's an example of a niche sport being much bigger in their culture than any is in the USA. Like the Dutch dominate speed and the South Koreans dominate short track the Finns dominate the javelin throw.

I'm a little surprised there isn't a stronger subculture of Fins following the NFL/MLB considering their worship of throwing power.

I pray you're serious.

He can kick a forty+ FG
Nails threes on the reg (on the court and in bed)
And now this? Holy shit.

I think Beckham Jr has him beat though

Here he throws a football into a container with both his right AND left hands (WTF?) Then he kicks a 30-yard FG with the football spinning around

In another video he pulls off the little back flick he missed on this one. Which is really hard to do unless you've played a good amount.

There's also videos of him dunking and pitching pretty damn good from a baseball mound. Dude's crazy.

Back