Does Michael Vick Have The Strongest Arm In NFL History?

QB Dog Killer actually threw that from his own 4 to the opposing 34 or so. Still an incredibly impressive throw but not quite the distance that OP was touting.

post video proof of such a throw in a game. it has to be done in an NFL game. he's had an entire career of throws and the only video proof falls 7 yards shorter than Vick's.

point.

match.

Okay. Here's a 62-yard throw in the Superb Owl of all games. Matches Vick's length, and he didn't get a full on wind-up into it. Not to mention Elway's standing in the middle of the field and throws it down the sideline, so it is actually thrown even further than that.
R.I.P.

Last edited:
That Cutler heave was about the same distance as Rodgers' Hail Mary in Detroit.

Marc mcgwires bro was a bum, but he had an absurd arm. GOAT tier.

And jeff george is just the younger jay cutty

throws from his own 2 yard line to the opposing 30 yard line.

that is legit 66-68 yard throw into the run. not a hailmary. the average punt is what? 50 yards? lmao that is ridiculous..

Has there been a longer recorded completion on film? you can disagree with the title all you want with your opinion. i would like to see you post video proof tho

The above was recorded as a 63 yard pass. Aaron Rodgers should be in this conversation too with the 61 yarder he threw this past season,

in 1935, Chicago Bears quarterback Fred Crawford tossed an 85-yard bomb to receiver Eddie Kawal, and this appears to be the longest through-the-air pass on record. In the 1960s, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Don Meredith once let one fly to Bob Hays for 83 yards, putting him in second place.

In college football. In 2005, Washington Huskies quarterback Isaiah Stanback threw a 69-yard Hail Mary against Arizona just before halftime.

Jawalrus prob

But he doesn't have Vick's release speed

Boller could toss 70 yds off his knee

Why are we even debating the arm strength of a quarterback if it has to be during a game? Save the time for debate and just find the stat for longest throw from scrimmage, dingbat.

Longest recorded throw in a a nfl game or professional game... Was Fred Crawford. 85 yards through the air. 1935. Then don Meredith at 83

No joke strongest arm though. Depends on what you mean by strong. Like how far can they throw consistently?

It's joe flacco easy. No one in history except for elway and Favre have been at his level. He as a rookie was known to thrown 75 yards and not even be pushing his arm in practices. (They didn't want to throw his arm out). He's only gotten bigger and stronger so pre acl he was probably throwing 80 yards going 75%.

Who could throw frozen ropes the best from any angle or platform? Probably farve.

Who could just hit targets hard was elway

Best without set up time was Vick. But he had small hands, a long torso and a crazy back so he could generate slot of force without his legs.

Elway was known and feared for his arm strength.

Elway's biggest mark against him in draft rankings was that he threw the ball too hard.

Legit question- How their been a black NFL QB who DIDN"T have a cannon for an arm?

Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, Russell Wilson, JaMarcus Russell, David Garrard, Colin Kaepernick, Jeff Blake, Aaron Brooks. I cannot think of a black QB that couldn't sling it.

what a strange thread. why ask who had the strongest arm and then put a bunch of rules on it? hell, why do you ask for a video of a completed pass as proof? what the hell does a completion have to do with it? catching a football doesnt mean it went further.

others that had notoriously strong arms were cunningham, george, stafford, lorenzen and jamarcus russell.

I remember Favre had an absolute bomb with a broken thumb. I can't find the video on it.

No mention of Bledsoe? I can recall some monster throws there too.

post video proof of such a throw in a game. it has to be done in an NFL game. he's had an entire career of throws and the only video proof falls 7 yards shorter than Vick's.

point.

match.

Who starts legit arguments over stuff like this? I'm appalled.

I love how Vick flicked his wrist and the ball became a missile. It was beautiful to watch.
I still don't understand how it works. His arm literally does not move and the ball just zips out. It's one of the most astounding things I've ever seen in football. It's a shame he didn't have a coach like Andy Reid his whole career to really mentor him.

Idk about strongest ever but Favre had an absolute cannon. For my money this is still one of the best throws I've ever seen. He guns that thing in there and this was long after his physical prime.

I still don't understand how it works. His arm literally does not move and the ball just zips out. It's one of the most astounding things I've ever seen in football. It's a shame he didn't have a coach like Andy Reid his whole career to really mentor him.

Idk about strongest ever but Favre had an absolute cannon. For my money this is still one of the best throws I've ever seen. He guns that thing in there and this was long after his physical prime.

I kind of talked about it with Vick. Small hands, short legs, long torso, crazy strong back.

He can load up fast off his legs because how short they are compared to his torso, he has long arms for good leverage, his back keeps allows him to rotate his shoulders fast in a controlled manner, the smaller hands allow him to a speed up his release.

Think Byron leftwichs problems but reversed. Brett farve was the same way as Vick same with elway. Guys with long torsos compared to their legs usually can just crank it fast. Brady is a little unusual but that's because his crazy practices and the fact he's not that physically big up top.

Farve, elway, Warner, Vick and brees

Idk man, a lot of candidates here. Cutler is so infatuated with his own arm that he still refuses to learn how to play consistently. If there's one guy to throw off his back foot over 50 yards, it's Cutler right now.

Vick did throw a beautiful deep ball though.

Jamarcus, if he counts.

Back