Does Michael Vick Have The Strongest Arm In NFL History?

Pastafarian2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
throws from his own 2 yard line to the opposing 30 yard line.

that is legit 66-68 yard throw into the run. not a hailmary. the average punt is what? 50 yards? lmao that is ridiculous..

Has there been a longer recorded completion on film? you can disagree with the title all you want with your opinion. i would like to see you post video proof tho

Last edited:
Probably. But if this guy had played football instead of baseball, there would be no competition.

do you have a video of him throwing a longer completion in the NFL?

How young are a lot of you?

During a quarterback challenge one year, when Elway was about 36 or so, he threw the football over 80 yards. Strongest arm I've ever seen. I like Vick, but he's not even in the discussion with Elway.

Luck's got a cannon on him. Rodgers as well.

I love how Vick flicked his wrist and the ball became a missile. It was beautiful to watch.

How young are a lot of you?

During a quarterback challenge one year, when Elway was about 36 or so, he threw the football over 80 yards. Strongest arm I've ever seen. I like Vick, but he's not even in the discussion with Elway.

Did Elway get to load up?

Was it a completion during a NFL game?

Did Elway have a defense rushing him?

Did Elway have to throw into a run?

Do you read english?

just LOL

Damn, what a throw! Vick looked so effortless, Cutler had to put his whole body into that bomb.

Did Elway get to load up?

Was it a completion during a NFL game?

Did Elway have a defense rushing him?

Did Elway have to throw into a run?

Do you read english?

just LOL

Why are we even debating the arm strength of a quarterback if it has to be during a game? Save the time for debate and just find the stat for longest throw from scrimmage, dingbat.

Vick's point of release in that video was about the 4-yard line. It traveled and if not caught it would have landed at about the 34 yard line. That is about a 62 yard throw. You gave Vick way too much credit on that throw, it was not 68 yards. Check out the gif below. Elway not only "had a defense rushing him" and yes, it was "during a NFL game" and no he didn't "get to load up" like Vick did in that video. Elway eludes a defender, while staying in the pocket and fires the ball stationary without a wind up for about a 56 yard throw. Vick got a full on wind-up and fired it a whopping 6 yards further.

1255634_o.gif

Last edited:
Pretty sure Vince Young's arm was legit stronger than Vick's.

Why are we even debating the arm strength of a quarterback if it has to be during a game? Save the time for debate and just find the stat for longest throw from scrimmage, dingbat.

post video proof of such a throw in a game. it has to be done in an NFL game. he's had an entire career of throws and the only video proof falls 7 yards shorter than Vick's.

point.

match.

this is the closest contender i've seen. Vick still had him beat by a couple yards imo

lol. No. Your bias is showing. Vick did not have him beat by a couple of yards.

Vick Point of Release: own 4-yard line, would've landed at opp. 34 yard line. 62 yard throw.
Cutler Point of Release: own 36-yard line, would've landed 2-yards into opp. End zone. 66 yard throw at minimum.

Back