Does Michael Johnson (17-13) bounce back or does he move one step closer to a .500 record?

Seems more like a boxer then an MMA fighter. I think we've seen the best of his MMA skill unfortunately.

Yes sireé, which makes it all the more depressing to see him go through such a rough stretch.

Only guy to beat Ferg in the UFC (unless you think Yves was robbed, which I do). Johnson is a mental midget.

Johnson kicking was actually his downfall in the Elkins fight. Elkins took him down off a kick I believe. But that is where the poor fight IQ came in. Also kept clinching with Gaethje whenever he had him hurt. Was so frustrating to watch.

Good call. Honestly with the way his kicks currently are, they seem like a waste and they seem to do more harm than good at least if his opponent is intent on taking him down.

FIli has well timed double leg. Idk but expecting for MJ to starch Fili.

Good call. Honestly with the way his kicks currently are, they seem like a waste and they seem to do more harm than good at least if his opponent is intent on taking him down.
The thing is, they're very successful against other strikers, but he seems to ditch them in favor of a boxing match that he usually loses.

He seems to be insistent on employing tactics that end up fucking him over.

Only guy to beat Ferg in the UFC (unless you think Yves was robbed, which I do). Johnson is a mental midget.

I picked Yves to win that fight and he was a big underdog. Damn that shit was a long time ago.

He's got big feet for a small fighter and they seem to get in the way of his ground game imo.. That's one of the main problems, his feet.

No offence to Fili, but he's fighting Fili. MJ should get the KO
This. Fili had a close fight with freaking Artem. MJ should take this. That a big SHOULD but if he plays it smart and be patient he can definitely KTFO Fili

Classic Blackzillian : frontrunner with zero fight IQ and zero defensive grappling.

Back when I first got into the sport, at the beginning of 2014 or so, I remember watching MJ put on a masterful performance against Barboza and thought to myself "This guy's a beast!" since then though, he's only gotten his hand raised once. Yes, he did get robbed against Dariush, and he hasn't taken easy fights, but man, it feels as though he fell off a cliff performance wise.

He's still fast and powerful, but he seems to revert into brawling as soon as his opponent touches him up, ditching his kicks in favor of an exchange in the pocket of which he usually gets the worst off. His grappling is still as mediocre as it has ever been, and his fight IQ is truly that of a palsy patient.

I'm still a big fan though, and I think he'll put Fili down in the second, but I can't count anyone out against Johnson anymore, which is sad imo.

i think he's an awesome fighter to watch, his hand speed is sick whether he wins or loses. in the most respectful way, i feel like its almost counselling or something he needs, i dont think he keeps his head in fights and so he doesnt deploy his skills in the best way possible. it just goes to show how we tend to take things like composure and mindset for granted, in his case i almost feel like these things are the difference between a bunch of frustrating losses and actual having a shot at the title

i still think nates fight against him is nates best performance, was super entertaining

Hopefully he can win. No one wants to lose to this guy.

upload_2018-8-21_8-34-47.jpeg

I seen him come up on the regional scene before TUF and he has losses to some mediocre guys. Lacked sub-defense early on, really just had TDD and some scrambling ability.

Well considering I need him to lose for my 5 man parlay to win 10k... hope he loses.

Also need jake e to come through

One time!!!

Back