Does Max's loss devalue the FW belt?

Yes, please do it because betting is the ultimate sign of intelligence <Lmaoo>. And thank you.
AV bet 30 days? That I made over 130k on Saturday? Deal? Don't Puss out now KK...

No not at all he is still the best FW atm and may still be for a long time. He moved up a class and lost a decision its not like he got sparked out!

I'm good, thanks. I don't play those games. Take care man.
Coward.Talks shit afraid to AV bet. Is wil KK scurred of wil AV bet..? God... you are Pathetic.

Not in any way different weightclass in which he lasted all rounds, his loss means as much as Dustin's win to FW's.

I don't think so, Holloway is still a great fighter despite getting beat by Poirier twice. He should go back down now and keep defending the belt, I will look at him the same.

Some guys just have anothers number, seems that way with Holloway and Poirier. I still think Holloway can beat some guys at LW if he wants to fight there again. Maybe not guys like Khabib or Tony, but some others he could beat I feel

I think it does.
In the old days perhaps not, but after Conor, GSP, DC and Cejudo it doesn't look good.
Plus Max is tall for 145, Dustin is a former featherweight, and Max's winning-streak is over.
Being down to fight anyone is cool and all but it isn't without consequences if you fail.

I asked a question in order to evaluate the general opinion of sherdoggers. Having my intelligence belittled by you is the greatest praise I've had all day because you're one of the most pompously stupid posters on this forum.
shut up fortheo, i used to think you were a decent poster but you're clearly a fuckin stupid IDIOT for asking a question!! (even though you said you thought the loss didn't devalue the FW belt)

IDIOT.

the fight was at LW so it doesnt matter. I think tho, Max wont be the same fighter after this.

No and that fight should've been declared a draw.

The 145 belt is devalued because he never beat the champ for it not because of one lose in a higher weight class.

Not one tiny bit.

It's not the same as the heavier champ moving down and getting KTFO...... Silly Dilly style.

Also, it was a great fight and Max performed exceedingly well, it just wasn't quite enough.
As much as he says any weightclass, I'll scrap, there are weight classes for a reason.

Fucking lol, Dustin weighed in at 154.5 and is 5'9, he has not had trouble making 155 and does not cut a shitton. Dustin walks around at 178ish, Max Holloway struggled to make Lightweight before on short notice. Max weighs 174~176 walk around.

Don't you dare try to take away from the fact that Max simply got outclassed. If this was FW it would be the same.
Max was soundly outclassed not in denial of that just saying that the loss shouldn’t hurt his stock or the 145 title that much.
The weigh in doesn’t mean much either TJ made 124.5 but no one thinks he’s a flyweight

In your opinion, does Max's loss to Dustin devalue the FW belt?

Personally, I don't think it does, but I'd like to hear the opinions of sherbros.

I think it does ever so slightly. Not just the loss, but the way Max looked like a teenager in there with a grown man.

Fucking lol, Dustin weighed in at 154.5 and is 5'9, he has not had trouble making 155 and does not cut a shitton. Dustin walks around at 178ish, Max Holloway struggled to make Lightweight before on short notice. Max weighs 174~176 walk around.

Don't you dare try to take away from the fact that Max simply got outclassed. If this was FW it would be the same.

That’s really low level analysis I’m afraid. Dustin clearly looked like he was getting the most out of every pound of that 155-lb frame. Max looked generally how he did at 145. I’m sure he had an easier cut, but that only helps so much if that’s all you use the extra ten pounds for.

Everyone can pack on weight when they’re not training. It doesn’t mean anything. Different fighters are at their best in different divisions. Every divisional change every fighter has ever made came with pros and cons. Sometimes the pros outweigh the cons and sometimes they don’t.

When Robert Whittaker moved up to 185 he looked like a totally legitimate middleweight. When Sergio Pettis moved from 125 to 135 he still looked like an upjumped flyweight. Max looked more like Sergio to me. He’s still fantastic, and could go up to 155 and beat a lot of guys. But against a peak-of-his-powers lightweight contender Max was clearly giving something up in grown man strength.

That’s really low level analysis I’m afraid. Dustin clearly looked like he was getting the most out of every pound of that 155-lb frame. Max looked generally how he did at 145. I’m sure he had an easier cut, but that only helps so much if that’s all you use the extra ten pounds for.

Everyone can pack on weight when they’re not training. It doesn’t mean anything. Different fighters are at their best in different divisions. Every divisional change every fighter has ever made came with pros and cons. Sometimes the pros outweigh the cons and sometimes they don’t.

When Robert Whittaker moved up to 185 he looked like a totally legitimate middleweight. When Sergio Pettis moved from 125 to 135 he still looked like an upjumped flyweight. Max looked more like Sergio to me. He’s still fantastic, and could go up to 155 and beat a lot of guys. But against a peak-of-his-powers lightweight contender Max was clearly giving something up in grown man strength.

Look =/= fact

Max Holloway was drained cutting weight, and looked out of it even after cutting weight.

Meanwhile, Conor when he was at 170, his natural weight, did not look like this.

ConorWeigh-InSide-By-Side.jpg

Max is a LW who cuts to FW. Dustin is a LW who is a LW

First of all, I don't like Max and think is overrated by his fans. Second of all, I don't think this devalues the belt itself; he still won it and defended it, and the bout at 226 was at a different weight class.

It's like saying that DC and Nunes going up was a devaluation of their own titles, and the ones they won. Dustin simply prepared well and was the better fighter. If anything lost any stock, that would be Max himself because he now looks less impressive, after Dustin exposed his lack of defensive skills.

Not at all. A loss at LW doesnt tarnish anything hes accomplished at featherweight. Still the best FW right now.

Back