Does Max's loss devalue the FW belt?

A FW lost to a better former FW

If anything it shows the 145 belt is strong because a guy that washed out of 145 is now interm champ at 155

Yes max is a huge 145er and a big 155er

By big, did you mean skinny-fat?

He did not look bigger in a healthy way lol

Just not cutting as much weight but still gaining fat between fights is NOT the same as gaining muscle to make a weight class

No, a lot of people just got caught up in the former LWs beating WWs recently thing. Max is a volume puncher at FW and it's not due to the weight cut, he's a much better fighter at FW than LW. Some guys fight best at the lowest weight class they can make, some don't.

This. Max needs to gain muscle to hang at 155.. he looked like he ballooned up between fights then just didn’t cut the extra 10

It was a close fight and he stuck it out. If anything I respect him even more now. I'm sure eventually he'll go back to 155 and do better. Poirier is an elite fighter at LW, nothing to be ashamed of losing to him in a close contest, especially his first time moving up.

This. Max needs to gain muscle to hang at 155.. he looked like he ballooned up between fights then just didn’t cut the extra 10

Even if he moves up to LW and puts on weight I think he's much better suited to FW(there's less grapplers and big punchers). He has had issues making weight a little but when he does make weight he performs really well while cutting a lot, some guys can't do that, he should continue taking advantage of that as long as he can make FW.

Yeah, a little . A belts value is tied to its holders stock and no one can argue that Holloways stock didn't take a bit of a hit. Before this fight he was a favorite to beat Poirier and many people were favoring him over Ferguson or even giving him a good shot against Khabib. Now the ranks of those people got a lot smaller and i bet even a Holloway vs McGregor 2 poll would look a lot different than the ones made prior to this fight.

Even if he moves up to LW and puts on weight I think he's much better suited to FW(there's less grapplers and big punchers). He has had issues making weight a little but when he does make weight he performs really well while cutting a lot, some guys can't do that, he should continue taking advantage of that as long as he can make FW.

I agree 100%

I’m just saying he can’t just not cut the 10lbs like he apparently thought he could do...

No one came out devalued in those title fights

It doesn't devalue the featherweight belt. But it does devalue his stock as far P4P rankings go. Also shows that when you take away max's physical advantages of height and reach at FW... he turns the fight into a gas tank battle. He's impossible to KO but also doesn't hit very hard. Max was definitely taller than Poirer in there.

And it does raise some doubts as to how the Max vs Conor rematch would go.

max is gonna have his hands full with zabit

Does anyone besides me wonder if DP can still make FW?
considering that poirier recently said he has a hard time even making 155 now, and the reason he moved up in the first place is because the cut was getting too hard and he didn't feel healthy... i'm gonna say no.

@fortheo you're way too good of a poster to make this thread... lol. You're not anymore and now I realize you never were. Dumbest thread of the day and Ive been reading about Jon vs Israel for an hour. lol. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

I agree 100%

I’m just saying he can’t just not cut the 10lbs like he apparently thought he could do...

Agreed, I get why he did it(the risk was worth the reward) but a one off fight in another division you don't plan on fighting in isn't the best way to make that change.

Max's problem was his first fight was a title fight. Poirier has fought at 155 for awhile and has been able to translate his power well whereas Max has not. I think the value of the FW belt is fine.

considering that poirier recently said he has a hard time even making 155 now, and the reason he moved up in the first place is because the cut was getting too hard and he didn't feel healthy... i'm gonna say no.

That was BEFORE he weighed in under the LW limit and beat the FW Champ. 9.5 more pounds, to face the same opponent.........to be CHAMP CHAMP? Dustin may well have revisited those thoughts in recent days.

Max can be a force at LW but he would have to gain muscle. Dustin just looked stronger.

I can see a does this de-value Max at all thread (doesn't) .. what does this have to do with the legitamacy of the FW belt....? The question doesn't even make sense....(?) But neither does TS half the time so it checks out.

@fortheo you're way too good of a poster to make this thread... lol. You're not anymore and now I realize you never were. Dumbest thread of the day and Ive been reading about Jon vs Israel for an hour. lol. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

I asked a question in order to evaluate the general opinion of sherdoggers. Having my intelligence belittled by you is the greatest praise I've had all day because you're one of the most pompously stupid posters on this forum.

I asked a question in order to evaluate the general opinion of sherdoggers. Having my intelligence belittled by you is the greatest praise I've had all day because you're one of the most pompously stupid posters on this forum.
Lol. Really? Maybe i should post last saturdays bet slips... AV bet a month I made over 130k? And it was the worst night of gambling in my life?

Lol. Really? Maybe i should post last saturdays bet slips. Cool AV bro.

Yes, please do it because betting is the ultimate sign of intelligence <Lmaoo>. And thank you.

Back