Does Marlon Moraes even have slow twitch muscle fibers?

man beat Aldo by decision, whatchu mean 'no gastank' da fuck?

Cejudo took his soul it’s sad to see.

I was pretty high on Marlon early on but Cejudo did bad things to the man.

He has been hard to back on muh picks fer a bit...

He might have the worst cardio in UFC, about 1 minute of cardio and his body shuts down. That fight could have been stopped like 3 times yesterday. He was never defending himself on the ground. Probably took the record of unanswered punches.

To be fair, that fight could have also been stopped in the 1st when Merab was getting destroyed. Reminded me alot of Carwin/Lesnar and how arbitrary referee stoppages are

The guy is one of the most athletic dudes in the UFC but since he doesnt look explosive and athletic, people dont notice.

Seriously though he has great striking, speed and power, solid takedown defense too. Bad cardio, questionable chin and heart. I don't know if cardio is something he can even genetically fix much.

Glad to see someone recognize this. Most people act like cardio is just a function of hard work, but it's also genetic just like things such as speed and power

He might be at his endurance potential. And if he is, then he's going to struggle to stay in the UFC.

It ain't even about cardio, it's about how little resistance he gives when he starts getting beat up. He literally did not throw a single strike in nearly 4:30 of fighting in round 2 yesterday. Granted he spent the majority of the round on his back but you still expect some type of offense there. He just accepted his beating

man beat Aldo by decision, whatchu mean 'no gastank' da fuck?
Aldo's gas tank is suspect as well and Moraes spent the entire third round running away and landing pot shots to win that decision. There was a ton of people who thought he lost the fight

Aldo's gas tank is suspect as well and Moraes spent the entire third round running away and landing pot shots to win that decision. There was a ton of people who thought he lost the fight
Hehe, didn't take long for someone to bite :p I had Jose winning that aswell
smiling-guy-filipino.gif

Glad to see someone recognize this. Most people act like cardio is just a function of hard work, but it's also genetic just like things such as speed and power

He might be at his endurance potential. And if he is, then he's going to struggle to stay in the UFC.

Its hard to dissect, I never followed his career enough to know if there was a time he showed better cardio but in 3 losses that I can remember Font, Cejudo and Merab...He was looking like the superior fighter until he began to wane, which always happens similar to McGregor, by the second round.

The guy has to cut a lot of weight right? He has maybe the most impressive physique in the UFC and looks around that 6-7% body fat range. Tons of muscle for the division, I'd say he should try the Aldo approach of slowing his output but he doesn't throw high volume anyways. He's a finished product at this point honestly.

Is not normal how fast he run out of gas

wait - are you trying to say he ran out of gas last night? he completely adrenaline-dumped trying to swarm him and finish the fight, and then got absolutely lit up after that (when he was still being active, not because gassed), like 150 strikes or something. none of that had anything to do with stamina.

He used to have decent cardio and had some 5 round fights back in wsof. The gassing in one round is something that only started after the cejudo fight

Or it happened after coming to the UFC, and something else was giving him 5-round energy before that.

He probably is around 25% slow twitch. That's what you usually find in the biopsy of power athletes like elite sprinters and olympic weightlifters in scientific studies.

The main reason (other than age) the cardio of explosive type fighters get noticeable worse once the come to the UFC is that anabolic steroids mainly work on your type I muscle fibers (unlike what most people think).

Thanks to Usada fighters have to be more careful once the come to the UFC and therefore the "Hector Lombard type" of fighters are some of the most harmed.
What are type 1 muscle fibers?

Back