Does Mark Hunt have a possibility for a serious run at the HW belt ?

I agree. But beating guys like Velasquez, Carwin, or anyone else that can take him down along the way to JDS will be the problem

That's what I'm saying. He can't make a run for the HW belt at this stage in his career but he has the tools to beat JDS.

I don't care, Hunt is a great fighter when people give him great matches. I don't want to see him in style clashes. I want to see standup wars. He is too far along to learn new tricks, so give him strikers.

Put him in with Barry, please.

He has the ability to beat anybody.

But his ground game sucks so no.

a big mark hunt fan here, but he probably gets tko'd or loses a decision to dos santos, and gets wrestle-fucked by velasquez.

he stands a decent chance against the rest of the division.

No. He has the ability to beat JDS but he'll never make it there unless it's gifted to him a la Chael Sonnen.

Nope JDS has already stated he will take people down if he needs to. He was training his wrestling for the Reem fight in case he needed to go that route.

If Hunt somehow managed to get to JDS deserved or not JDS would take the obvious route and just take him down and GNP him.

No chance. To be a champion, you need a diverse skill set. Him having literally ZERO ground game automatically removes him from any serious championship conversation.

Hunt vs Manhoef was unbelievebley sloppy, ran across the ring and jumped right into Melvins face.

The reason Hunt is so tough to finish standing isnt IMHO just his chin but also that he typically keeps a very stable base that allows him to see shots coming and take them well. The only other time I can recall him being hurt by a head shot was the fight vs Mirko in K1 and again that was a rare case when he was caught off balance leaning into a kick he didnt see coming.

It's funny but I see Hunt being the guy with the best chance of beating JDS. Yes, even more than Overeem.

It's going to take a guy that can stand toe to toe in striking with JDS and I think Hunt can do that.

Man feels like hunt and Kz arent even in the ufc anymore....

Back