Does Mark Hunt have a possibility for a serious run at the HW belt ?

If hunt takes his TDD seriously, and has the right match up's. He can make a go at it.

I think he would KO JDS. Hunt is serious striker. His Chin is ridiculous. He is so relaxed standing, watch how he walks away from tushererhchehere (however the fuck you spell his name) watch how after he drops Kongo how he doesnt rush it, he looks for openings, measures how hurt he is, then he goes in and destroys him.

He went for an arm bar on rothwell if I remember right. Hunt has gotta be the most underrated heavyweight in the UFC. The guy has a legit chance. He matches well against the current champ.

To the people saying JDS would out strike him....

no...
fucking..
way...

Why not exactly? JDS has power, a huge speed, size, reach, and cardio advantage.

no, because he is too one dimensional.

Hunt would lose to many, many fighters in the UFC.

For example to grapplers and wreslters like: Russow, Werdum, Big Nog, Cain, Shane, Cormier, Mir
To superior strikers: JDS, Overeem

The difference is, Hunt can knock any of them out, and has a good chance at it due to his technical skill and power to compliment it.

Not all of those people could KO him. Shane and Reem and JDS might have the power but its no easy task, will prob take more than one shot, and hunt isnt the easiest to hit.

I could see him beating Russow, Werdum, Nog, Shane, Mir, and JDS.

Cain and Cormier present problems.

I mean technically his TDD is 85%. And every fight starts standing, and to land a takedown, you gotta be close enough to eat a punch.

Hunt has a chance, believe it.

I have watched hunt since he started in K-1 not missing any fights so i'm a big fan it would be hard not to be.Unless he is put together with perfect match ups or gifted a title shot he won't see a shot at the belt.I think he's got a huge problem with struve in front of him.....he lands a big shot he'll take him out struve get's him down and get's decent control he'll probably win.I don't have much faith in struve's chin with a guy like hunt's power and I don't have much faith in hunt's sub def with a guy of struve's abilities...one fight at a time :) plus hunt is oooold and he can't jump in on short notice(which could lead to fill in title shot) I don't think he stays in good enough shape.

I'll be hoping though and every time he wins you couldn't slap the smile off my face.

if jds and hunt ever fought, hunt would KO him. anyone who disagrees is overexaggerating juniors boxing capability and underestimating hunts

overeem vs hunt would be crazy too, i think hunt would knock him out and get revenge, assuming these guys dont try TOO hard to take hunt down

The difference is, Hunt can knock any of them out, and has a good chance at it due to his technical skill and power to compliment it.

Not all of those people could KO him. Shane and Reem and JDS might have the power but its no easy task, will prob take more than one shot, and hunt isnt the easiest to hit.

I mean technically his TDD is 85%. And every fight starts standing, and to land a takedown, you gotta be close enough to eat a punch.

Please. Every aspect of Hunt's game is overrated. lol at him beating Werdum and Mir, but subbed by McCorckle. His standup game is totally overrated and has never knocked out a good fighter. His TDD? lol. Mousasi literally pushed him over. A guy he had almost 100 pounds on and has terrible wrestling.

Hunto was fucking stupid in this fight.

ogf4f9.jpg

After ragdolling the reem, he willingly followed him to the ground and met his demise.

I know you are a JDS nuthugger but Overeem was off balance. Look at his feet during this supposed ragdolling. It looked like Overeem slipped on a banana peel FFS. I wouldnt give Hunt too much credit for that "take down".

Standing up, he can potentially beat everyone, and if he can avoid being taking down, then sure why not?

I just watched Overeem vs Hunt. Hunt was surprisingly fast in the standup but Overeem kept his hands up and nothing got through. He threw some bombs though...

Also Overeem took the fight on 3 days notice...

What fight were you watching? You JDS fanboys are ridiculous.

Hunt landed one punch on Overeem in the stand up and it was because Overeem got himself off balance,Hunt pushed him down and then followed him to the ground where Overeem submitted Hunt in mere seconds. Done deal

In the standup Overeem made Hunt look like he was in slow motion. Overeems quickness is VERY underrated. He displayed his quickness against Crocop as well when Crocop couldnt even land a punch on him.

Lol, I dunno what's more bizarre, "Overeem off balance", "one punch" or you somehow concluding that I'm 'JDS fanboy'.

Where the hell did JDS enter it?

He has a chance, but would you really favour him against grapplers like Mir, Cain, Werdum, Cormier etc.?

How mentioned, he is too one dimensonal and it

I just watched Overeem vs Hunt. Hunt was surprisingly fast in the standup but Overeem kept his hands up and nothing got through. He threw some bombs though...

Also Overeem took the fight on 3 days notice...

I LOL at the thought that anybody thinks Hunt is quicker than Overeem....geeez. Does anybody actually watch the friggin fight? Hunt couldnt even land on Overeem and was obviously slower.

Lol, I dunno what's more bizarre, "Overeem off balance", "one punch" or you somehow concluding that I'm 'JDS fanboy'.

Where the hell did JDS enter it?

Where in the fight did Hunt land the 4 other punches that you are talking about? Just curious.

Why not exactly? JDS has power, a huge speed, size, reach, and cardio advantage.

Speed....maybe with footwork, hunts punches come pretty quick, look at that left hook he snapped Kongo with. Not to mention his chin, I think he could eat a shot from JDS, Could JDS eat a clean shot from hunt? I think it would fuck with JDS a bit, he hasn't fought a striker like hunt (cro cop was broken, and stylistically, hunts a better match up via striking)

Size, reach, cardio, sure ill give JDS those.

But hunts technical ability is better. I give technique the advantage always. His timing is ridiculous. The amount of hours he has spent doing drills, sparring, practicing this and that is so much > than JDS, than factor in his striking experience.

Hunt would beat any heavyweight in the UFC in a kickboxing match.

Not saying JDS couldn't stick and move. But we are talkign about chances here...yes he has a chance, a pretty dam big one if you ask me, Id give him the edge vs the current champ.

As much as I'd love to see Hunt win a UFC belt, I just don't think it's possible. Too many guys in the division can put him on hos back to avoid striking with him.

Where in the fight did Hunt land the 4 other punches that you are talking about? Just curious.

He had landed few barely connecting punches as Reem was coming in, and like one via G'n'P. I thought he had landed lowkick, but re-watched, and it was a miss.

Obviously, none of those save one punch were of any significance.

My point is that suggestion -in that first page post - that Hunt shoot for TD because Reem was beating him in the stand-up or whatever was silly.

Style make fights. He likely would have better odds beating the champ then the top 5 HW's he would have to fight through to get the title shot.

If he was Penn or Couture he would be gifted his title shot so he would not have to do the thing they would almost never be able to do which is string together wins to earn the shot.

I LOL at the thought that anybody thinks Hunt is quicker than Overeem....geeez. Does anybody actually watch the friggin fight? Hunt couldnt even land on Overeem and was obviously slower.

I really dislike Overeem since he failed the drug test, but I have to admit that the Reem is a horrible matchup for Hunt, prbobaly the worst. Not only because Alistair has a superior stand up game, but mainly, to make matters even worse he has also nasty submssions in his arsenal, which is Hunts biggest weakness.

Back