Does Mark Hunt have a possibility for a serious run at the HW belt ?

Not only did reem submit him, hunt was the one that went for the takedown instead of striking.

Standing, reem Kos him. Grappling, reem submits him.

Lol, that's certainly original way to remember that fight.

Out of like 5 strikes that landed in that fight, all were landed by Hunt, he clocked Reem hard and tossed him to the ground. Hard to even call it TD.

Then he of course got really sloppy on the top, and traditionally completely exposed his arm, and Alistair had locked in really nasty armlock.

He could partially with luck KO three opponents in a row and become the champ. But that is really not likely. He will end up on the ground at some point, and there he will be destroyed. Also, someone like JDS is BY FAR the favorite in striking. Mark is just strong and durable... not that technical.

not that technical? get real

Out of like 5 strikes that landed in that fight, all were landed by Hunt, he clocked Reem hard and tossed him to the ground. Hard to even call it TD.

Then he of course got really sloppy on the top, and traditionally completely exposed his arm, and Alistair had locked in really nasty armlock.

Hunto was fucking stupid in this fight.

ogf4f9.jpg

After ragdolling the reem, he willingly followed him to the ground and met his demise.

I agree man, Hunt is a classical striker

Absolutely. I think people see a chubby dude with a granite chin and huge power and automatically assume that the guy is nothing but a brawler.

Super fast and powerful counter left hook:

UFC-144-Hunt-knocks-down-Kongo.gif

I'd love to hear how this is not technical.

Hunt's ground game is questionable, but people saying his striking isn't technical need to get real. He has some really good striking. Look at his fights throughout his career. The guy has proven he has very technical striking. I'm sure most sherdogers are much better though so what do I know

Hi guys, I am a huge Mark Hunt fan and followed him avidly during his pride days. What do you guys think of any chances he may have on making a championship run. Awesome chin, no fear, excellent knock out power, decent tk defense.... His ground game is nil but so were many champion strikers in the past. I feel like he wasted so much potential by not preparing enough in the past but maybe he could redeem himself one last time before retirement.

Nah, awesome striker and I love watching him fight but he's far too one dimensional to get a shot and win the belt

no, because he is too one dimensional.

Hunt would lose to many, many fighters in the UFC.

For example to grapplers and wreslters like: Russow, Werdum, Big Nog, Cain, Shane, Cormier, Mir
To superior strikers: JDS, Overeem

Hunt is a very powerful striker, but how mentioned he is too one dimensional. Even if he would get a title shot and lets say he would beat JDS, how long could he defend this belt? :icon_neut
All it takes is a guy like Russow, who would easily UD Hunt.

id say make mir vs hunt and if hunt wins give him the next title shot.

id say make mir vs hunt and if hunt wins give him the next title shot.

Basically it is up to DW. I think Mir is a very winnable fight for Hunt. Mir's been getting KO'd/TKO'd too much in recent history, and that is not good for a fight against Hunt. Furthermore, he is not great at getting the fight to the ground. Mir is a very winnable fight for Hunt, in my eyes.

Absolutely. I think people see a chubby dude with a granite chin and huge power and automatically assume that the guy is nothing but a brawler.

Super fast and powerful counter left hook:

UFC-144-Hunt-knocks-down-Kongo.gif

I'd love to hear how this is not technical.

Damn, his counter striking is underrated, Kongo is no joke on the feet but Hunto outclassed him in their fight.

Hunt via atomic butt drop or double knee drop.

Which pride fight was that where he tried to drop with 2 knees and land on the guys skull? Luckily, the guy rolled out of the way. That would have been absolutely horrible if it had landed.

Which pride fight was that where he tried to drop with 2 knees and land on the guys skull? Luckily, the guy rolled out of the way. That would have been absolutely horrible if it had landed.

Against that japanese who was a former boxer i believe. Yeah mma would be over if that had landed:icon_chee

There is a good chance of Hunt vs JDS happening in the future. I predict Overeem will beat whoever has the belt when he gets his title shot.

Then there is a good chance that JDS vs Hunt could definitely happen as a contender fight. I think Hunt would win that fight because it would take place in the standup and Hunt has the advantage in chin and technical striking.

JDS more than likely wouldnt be able to do anything to Hunt on the ground as he is very inexperienced there and is not battle tested by any means. Hunt has more experience in grappling and ground work during fights than JDS does and that does count for alot.

If hunt takes his TDD seriously, and has the right match up's. He can make a go at it.

I think he would KO JDS. Hunt is serious striker. His Chin is ridiculous. He is so relaxed standing, watch how he walks away from tushererhchehere (however the fuck you spell his name) watch how after he drops Kongo how he doesnt rush it, he looks for openings, measures how hurt he is, then he goes in and destroys him.

He went for an arm bar on rothwell if I remember right. Hunt has gotta be the most underrated heavyweight in the UFC. The guy has a legit chance. He matches well against the current champ.

To the people saying JDS would out strike him....

no...
fucking..
way...

As long as his ground game keeps improving he will keep winning. I think if he gets one or two more solid wins he should be fighting for the title

What fight were you watching? You JDS fanboys are ridiculous.

Hunt landed one punch on Overeem in the stand up and it was because Overeem got himself off balance,Hunt pushed him down and then followed him to the ground where Overeem submitted Hunt in mere seconds. Done deal

In the standup Overeem made Hunt look like he was in slow motion. Overeems quickness is VERY underrated. He displayed his quickness against Crocop as well when Crocop couldnt even land a punch on him.

Back