Does Mark Hunt have a possibility for a serious run at the HW belt ?

I hope Mark wins Struve. do not think he would beat JDS, but it would be a great fight

I am a big fan of Mark Hunt. I'll remain unreasonably optimistic that he makes it to title shot.

If he stays away from grapplers and gets good TDD, then there's no-one at HW that will outstrike him

Not really, everyone in the top 10 easily has the skills to take him down and submit him.

But if Nick Diaz can get a title shot, anyone can. So who the fuck knows.

This is exactly what happened.

And yes, JSD would outstrike Hunt.

Yeah, JDS may outstrike Hunt. But Hunt also may knock his block off. Hunt can defeat anyone standing. Not saying he will but you catch the drift, don't ya?

Yeah, JDS may outstrike Hunt. But Hunt also may knock his block off. Hunt can defeat anyone standing. Not saying he will but you catch the drift, don't ya?

Hunt has enough power and technique to KO him, i agree. I just don't think Hunt is a lock on the standup because he won K1 over a decade ago.

There is definitely a chance that he can outstrike JDS. But it is extremely unlikely he would get to the contender status with all the wrestlers and grapplers in the division.

Not only did reem submit him, hunt was the one that went for the takedown instead of striking.

Standing, reem Kos him. Grappling, reem submits him.

a lot can change in 4 years.

Depends on favorable matchups. He could KO any HW Striker but would have a lot of trouble with strong grapplers.

The way I see it, only a few HW's stand a chance against JDS: Cain, Overeem, Cormier and Hunt.

As long as he miraculously can avoid the ground game.

Hunt has enough power and technique to KO him, i agree. I just don't think Hunt is a lock on the standup because he won K1 over a decade ago.

Word. Huge Hunto fan. But I wouldn't say either him or JDS have the 'lock' on the stand up. JDS is very fast and powerful, and Hunt is very durable and has huge power as well. JDS would be wise to take this fight to the ground, if it were to ever happen.

Not only did reem submit him, hunt was the one that went for the takedown instead of striking.

Standing, reem Kos him. Grappling, reem submits him.

Kharitonov KTFO Reem on the feet. Hunto can do it as well.

Nah, wrestlers are the bane of his existence.

It all depends on if the UFC want to push him or not. They could either put him up against guys like Barnett/Werdum/Cormier in which case I don't think he would get very far.

I think he would have a better chance against a Mir/Struve/Nogueira, since those guys don't have great stand up nor do they have a top wrestling pedigree.

Back