Does Louis Smolger have any chance to beat Stevia-Sean?

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The one thing I know about Louis is that he is inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like he has all the skill and talent and is impressive.

Other times he looks like he is sleep walking and just gets wrecked.

Say Louis shows up motivated and at his best…does he pose any danger to O’Malley(outside of a fluke injury to O’Malley).

Or is this another hand-picked opponent to make Stevia-Sean look like a world-beater?

Smolka has some skill and is always game to fight. But I think he's pretty overmatched here, I expect O'Malley to finish him in a round or 2.

Smolka has some skill and is always game to fight. But I think he's pretty overmatched here, I expect O'Malley to finish him in a round or 2.
Yeah, it’s about what I expect. Guess they are really gonna try and rebuild O’Malley with low risk opponents for awhile.

Yeah, it’s about what I expect. Guess they are really gonna try and rebuild O’Malley with low risk opponents for awhile.

He got KO'd 1 fight ago. Smolka is the right matchup.

The one thing I know about Louis is that he is inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like he has all the skill and talent and is impressive.

Say Louis shows up motivated and at his best…does he pose any danger to O’Malley(outside of a fluke injury to O’Malley).

Or is this another hand-picked opponent to make Stevia-Sean look like a world-beater?

It's a hand picked opponent. O'Malley is a biggest fav on that card I think

I fully expect O'Malley to win, but O'Malley isn't all that I think if you play it careful like Almeida did. Almeida only got caught because he tried to open up and fight, O'Malley has a great timing and power.

To be honest, I haven't watched Smolka enough to say what kind of chance I'd give him. But Smolka has never been finished by strikes. So I will give him some chance here. And he lost to grapplers mostly in his career too.

Back in the day, Smolka was a pretty good prospect himself. At the end of the day, I can't say for sure, I will have to watch this guy fight more,

but Smolka has never been finished by strikes. And I could be wrong, Smolka isn't bad actually standing. O'Malley is a bit fragile, and I don't think he's that good off his back.

This is a handpicked opponent by the UFC. But I'd say Smolka has a chance to beat O'Malley.

I know it was way back then, but Smolka has a win over Su Mudaerji. You know, right now Su Mudaerji vs Sean O'Malley would be a toss up, you see.

Tldr, I got O'Malley in this fight. I haven't watched enough Smolka, but I think he has a shot in this fight.

Who are these people.
Yeah i didnt know who ts was talking about at first either. Maybe Sean O'Malley and his next opponent. I guess he thought the whole Stevia thing would be funny, but we are all just scratching our heads at it.

This matchup was only made so they can hype up O'malley on the biggest PPV card of the year.
It's almost a guaranteed win, he shoulda fought someone in the top 15-10 instead.

I actually had high hopes for Smolka when he first came to the UFC and he initially showed promise. He never really panned out though. He’s still game and could make it interesting, but I expect him to get eventually get caught. He’s always looked quite hittable to me.

I actually had high hopes for Smolka when he first came to the UFC and he initially showed promise. He never really panned out though. He’s still game and could make it interesting, but I expect him to get eventually get caught. He’s always looked quite hittable to me.
Yes I agree, if Louis is going to win, I don’t see a KO coming. He would have to trap O’Malley in a sub.

I think the line is too wide. Smolka is tough as hell & I don't believe he has ever been KO'd. He has great cardio & really good offensive grappling from the top. If O'Malley slows down in the 3rd Smolka could get a late stoppage.

I like O'Malley to pick him apart until the last half of round 3, probably has a big round 1. 30-27, 29-28, 29-27. Something similar to Zabit/Bochniak.

Injuries to O'Malley can't be considered fluke at this point

They're going to continually feed O'Malley cans so he can get a giant win streak and then a title shot without beating anyone in contention

I think misspelling names is some ongoing joke only morons like

Which is why @LilNicky95 posted this
tenor.gif

Back