Does Lawler lose to everyone in the top 15?

TheItalianStallion

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was thinking about this while looking at the rankings and I wouldn't favor him in any matchups. Realistically he should be on a 5 fight losing streak (Condit and Cerrone both should have won) and he just looks terrible every time he shows up. He's durable and can take a beating but the dude looks like a free win for most up and comers except Niko Price or Mike Perry

You should maybe post the top 15 just so we can answer the question, newbie with a yellow card.

Kamaru Usman
CHAMPION

1 Gilbert Burns
2 Colby Covington
3 Jorge Masvidal
4 Leon Edwards
5 Tyron Woodley
6 Stephen Thompson
7 Demian Maia
8 Michael Chiesa
9 Rafael Dos Anjos
10 Geoff Neal
11 Nate Diaz
12 Vicente Luque
13 Robbie Lawler
14 Neil Magny
14 Anthony Pettis

I think 2020 Lawler could beat Thompson, Maia, Diaz, Magny and Pettis. If Chiesa decided to stand and bang, he might get hurt too. Sign me the hell up for Luque-Lawler though.

Kamaru Usman
CHAMPION

1 Gilbert Burns
2 Colby Covington
3 Jorge Masvidal
4 Leon Edwards
5 Tyron Woodley
6 Stephen Thompson
7 Demian Maia
8 Michael Chiesa
9 Rafael Dos Anjos
10 Geoff Neal
11 Nate Diaz
12 Vicente Luque
13 Robbie Lawler
14 Neil Magny
14 Anthony Pettis

I think 2020 Lawler could beat Thompson, Maia, Diaz, Magny and Pettis. If Chiesa decided to stand and bang, he might get hurt too. Sign me the hell up for Luque-Lawler though.
I Don't think he beats thompson, because Thompson is good at fighting long and not getting hit, but the rest of them you said, I agree. maybe ponzinibbio or luque if they want to stand and bang

He's looking old and unmotivated lately

I think he could get decisioned by most of them, but only Geoff Neal and maybe Luque and Mas could finish him. He's still a threat vs anyone. I also feel like he'd beat T-Wood and RDA in rematches. And he could put up more opposition vs Usman than Mas, T-Wood and Leon Scott could.

I think he could get decisioned by most of them, but only Geoff Neal and maybe Luque and Mas could finish him. He's still a threat vs anyone. I also feel like he'd beat T-Wood and RDA in rematches. And he could put up more opposition vs Usman than Mas, T-Wood and Leon Scott could.
Luque maybe could. Masvidal can't seem to put away the good guys

Realistically he should be on a 5 fight losing streak (Condit and Cerrone both should have won) and he just looks terrible every time he shows up.

I've seen a lot of people call the Condit fight a robbery but you're the first I've seen make that claim for Cerrone. What is the argument?
You neglect to mention he also took a fake loss against Askren.
Truth be told, even though he's lost a step I'd give him a chance against anyone from Masvidal down.

He beats the shit out of Nate.
He is favorite vs Magny, Pettis.
I believe he has a solid chance vs Luque, RDA and Woodley. (yes, aware of the fact he lost to the last two)

I'm not sure Woodley could beat Lawler again based on how he looked his last 2 fights. He hasn't been able to pull the trigger like he did in the first Lawler fight for a few fights now. Too tentative.

Lawler Woodley is the fight to make.

Personally I'd like to see Lawler vs Pettis

Robbie could sleep some of that list. The askren fight was bullshit

Back