• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Khabib Lay Claim to the Most Embarrassing Statistic in UFC History? [and is this it?]

Combined record of Khabib's opponents before UFC: 65-48

Combined record of Conor's opponents before UFC: 72-24

Far fewer debutantes and guys with losing records on Conor's resume, as well. Hate to defend Conor on anything, but have to back up my bud mark!
To be honest though I feel like before you hit the big name you just have to work with the hand you are dealt and Khabib's was fighting very often on smaller local cards.

I would say in this fight the stats are a bit misleading, a lot of the takedowns were Khabib maintaining a bodylock and tripping Trujillo, a situation were I think you could argue he was having to expend a good deal less energy than his opponent so his getting up was net nesserally a bad thing, certainly by the 3rd Khabib looks much the fresher of the two.

I do think though in Khabib;s early UFC years he clearly adapted his style a lot, his earlier career was mostly has on going for single legs but then against Tibau we saw the cage used to neutralise that a lot of the time. He shifted much more to using the clinch and body locks after that but still I think he was using a less tactical more hyper aggressive style which he then moved away from(especially after the injury) were he would shut down opponents much more.

Truth is not every fighter evolves in the same way, some are close to their peak very early, some it takes a few years

Last edited:
Everyone seems to have a different excuse for Khabib missing weight. Injury, illness, who cares?

Fighters are ill/injured all the time, there's no excuse for missing weight.

Khabib had the Tony fight scrapped because he couldn't make weight, and the scale fiasco against Gaethje is BS too.
Ah right, the Tony fight never happened only because of Khabib. Tony absolutely did not trip over a wire while wearing sunglasses inside and injure himself right before the fight was scheduled. That definitely never happened.

When you have to rewrite history to make a point, you are wrong. That fight was cursed and it was cancelled because both sides pulled out at various times.

Why is Khabib at fault but Tony isn't? I'll wait.

Ah right, the Tony fight never happened only because of Khabib. Tony absolutely did not trip over a wire while wearing sunglasses inside and injure himself right before the fight was scheduled. That definitely never happened.

When you have to rewrite history to make a point, you are wrong. That fight was cursed and it was cancelled because both sides pulled out at various times.

Why is Khabib at fault but Tony isn't? I'll wait.

Talking specifically about Khabib's weight misses.

Most embarrassing, no. But people often overlook how bad these kind of stats actually are.

Most TDs = Most times opponent managed to stand up
Most decisions/rounds unbeaten in a row WITHOUT FINISHING THE OPPONENT
Most strikes landed WITHOUT FINISHING THE OPPONENT

Those are all kind of bad records to have.
I disagree. Some guys are hard to keep down but it still takes a lot of skill to repeatedly take someone down in a variety of different ways. Sane with strikes and finishes. Some mofos just don't want to go out. They're good records because the shit is still hard to do.

Same way as looking at a guy with lots of first round finishes. Shows great finishing ability but leaves cardio up to question. Everything can have negatives if you look at it from a different angle

True!

But, I just don't mind how it looks, it's a bit of fun.

General rule: multiple takedowns per round isn't good wrestling, it's bad wrestling, unless you happen to be facing an elite wrestler in a back-and-forth grappling affair.

This same thing kinda happened with Merab, where "most takedowns in a round" was taken as a positive - it's actually a negative. It just means you don't have much control, you just have the stamina to keep spamming takedowns.

One takedown a round should be more than enough for a top class wrestler against a run-of-the-mill striker - I don't feel this is controversial.

Take them down, exert dominance, beat them up.

Against a 10-4 guy like Trujillo, would you honestly expect 21 takedowns from a great wrestler?
I know what you're saying but let's also not forget that Trujillo was a very good wrestler himself. He must be hard to hold down plus I'm sure Khabib improved a ton at holding people down since this fight.

Lanklet, manlet same difference. Your posts have been screaming low self esteem most of the thread lol.
Do you think you are the only person who trains on this forum? On the entire internet outside of bodybuilding.com this place probably has the highest per capita users actually training, you realize this, correct?
You think because you cut a few pounds for your local grappling tournament that you have some built in superiority over all other users here, when I can assure you you do not lol
By the way, the crux of the argument where you keep your normal diet but double your excercise is indeed calorie counting, just backwards. You are cognizantly increasing the rate of caloric use lmfao
No? I never claimed to be better than everyone on here. You're really confused buddy. I chat with people on the grappling forum a good bit. Great guys, very knowledgeable. Lots of them much better than me. I compete at big comps regularly (I don't do locals unless I'm coaching kids and teammates) but I still got a day job. I know some folks on here eat sleep and breath this shit. I also know that homie I was talking to doesn't. Never said I was the only one. Also never addressed you in regards to training or not. You seem super upset at comments that weren't directed at you 🤔. Not sure why you're so upset over literally nothing.

And no, very few people on the heavies train. The people on the training forums make up a very small population of this site. The heavies are for people that follow the sport not people who train. And that's fine. Nothing wrong with being an observer as long as you're not talking out of your ass.

Again, counting calories is a term referring to actively tracking your intake and burn numbers. I don't do either. I just do my routine and monitor my weight, not my caloric burn. Calorie counting is a well defined method. Now, if any method where someone works out and Checks their weight, then everyone who throws a kick does kickboxing lol.

The crux of my argument is that exercise will make you lose weight. It was a simple refute of the claims that he made about not being able to lose weight by working out which is fucking stupid.

I'm sorry for whatever I said that set you off friend but I never claimed anything you're accusing me of. Hopefully this is cleared up and you can go back to having a nice day

Last edited:
To be honest though I feel like before you hit the big name you just have to work with the hand you are dealt and Khabib's was fighting very often on smaller local cards.

I would say in this fight the stats are a bit misleading, a lot of the takedowns were Khabib maintaining a bodylock and tripping Trujillo, a situation were I think you could argue he was having to expend a good deal less energy than his opponent so his getting up was net nesserally a bad thing, certainly by the 3rd Khabib looks much the fresher of the two.

I do think though in Khabib;s early UFC years he clearly adapted his style a lot, his earlier career was mostly has on going for single legs but then against Tibau we saw the cage used to neutralise that a lot of the time. He shifted much more to using the clinch and body locks after that but still I think he was using a less tactical more hyper aggressive style which he then moved away from(especially after the injury) were he would shut down opponents much more.

Turth is not every fighter evolves in the same way, some are close to their peak very early, some it takes a few years
Everything in mma is subjective and stats can often been easily misconstrued in my opinion. I think Khabib started hitting his stride around this fight. You can see him really get comfortable using the cage more as opposed to ropes and open mat.

This fight is a good example of how Khabib grew as a fighter over the years

Abe was an ox though. The ability to get back up from raw strength is a real thing

hvB2aKz.png

21 takedowns against Abel Trujillo?

<Huh2>

I just rewatched this fight, and Trujillo got up over and over and over and over again with relative ease.

What an awful stat for Khabib, supposedly an elite wrestler.

Khabib, at times, looked pretty mediocre in this fight, too, it's not just a weird stat.

Is there a better stat you can think of?

FWIW: Not a way to shit on Khabib for no reason, just a weird statistical anomaly I noticed right now.

NOTE: Khabib also missed weight.
He didnt start off the best. He rose

Again, counting calories is a term referring to actively tracking your intake and burn numbers. I don't do either. I just do my routine and monitor my weight, not my caloric burn. Calorie counting is a well defined method. Now, if any method where someone works out and Checks their weight, then everyone who throws a kick does kickboxing lol.
Hey corn nuts, riddle me this: how are you monitoring your weight if not admitting you must be calorie counting if calories determine weight gain or loss and therefore your weight will tell you if you're in a deficit, maintenance, or surplus?

I am in absolute awe at your utter refusal to simply admit you are calorie tracking, just doing so via the absolutely dumbest fucking way possible.

Frame this post and put it up in Louvre guys. Jesus Christ.

Hey corn nuts, riddle me this: how are you monitoring your weight if not admitting you must be calorie counting if calories determine weight gain or loss and therefore your weight will tell you if you're in a deficit, maintenance, or surplus?

I am in absolute awe at your utter refusal to simply admit you are calorie tracking, just doing so via the absolutely dumbest fucking way possible.

Frame this post and put it up in Louvre guys. Jesus Christ.
Lol so everyone who ever looks at a scale is calorie counting? No, they aren't. Because that's not what calorie tracking is.

Last edited:
Lol so everyone who ever looks at a scale is calorie counting? No, they aren't. Because that's not what calorie tracking is.
*Admits to knowing calories determines weight loss*

*Admits to monitoring scale for weight loss*

*Refuses to call this calorie counting*

Like I said, frame that and hang it in the Louvre.

*Admits he knows calories determines weight*

*Admits to monitoring scale for weight loss*

*Refuses to call this calorie counting*

Like I said, frame that and hang it in the Louvre.
Lol. If delusion was a person. It'd be you.

Checking a scale isn't calorie counting. That's fucking stupid. Throwing a kick doesn't mean you kickbox. You're desperation to salvage you not knowing how Wright cutting works or that working out leads to weight loss is embarrassing.

Go troll someone else. I'm done with you. ✌️

Checking a scale isn't calorie counting. That's fucking stupid. Throwing a kick doesn't mean you kickbox. You're desperation to salvage you not knowing how Wright cutting works or that working out leads to weight loss is embarrassing.

When your scale's not moving and your weigh in's coming up please explain what you do to fix that. I'll bet it involves calories.

This kid must think he's a gymnast the way he's contorting himself to avoid admitting he calorie counts in the dumbest fucking way possible.

<36>

Here's an article about calories if you care to give it a read. It might be beneficial to you to give it a look. I'm sure you have a system that works for you, but knowledge is always useful.

Back