Does Khabib have a moral and/or legal obligation to TKO Conor quickly to not risk killing him?

Damn, how many Conor hate threads/Khabib ball sucking threads are you gonna make?
Newton's Third Law of Motion - For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
So probably as many Khabib hate threads/Conor ball sucking threads...

Gassing in the second round isn’t exactly a path to victory against Khabib.

conor no longer fights that way though...in that first nate fight, he was doing tons of spinning kicks and just blowing his load. conor is much more calculating now...and he knows his cardio is very important...hard to know this, when you stop everyone in under 2 rounds, which he was doing his entire career.. I think the 2nd nate fight, he still got tired, but never gassed out..I think for the mayweather fight, he improved his cardio, but the boxing rules got him tired faster. always going backward didn't help..I think his cardio will finally be on point this fight.

what are examples of him playing politics??
Off top of my head...
* the undisguised preference DW has given for Dean repeatedly
* calling Ronda/McMann extremely early off a body shot (first drop)
* calling Fedor/Hendo early (first drop)

There are many more in a ref lowlight but I don't remember off the top of my head. What I DO remember is the recurring pattern over and over... he ONLY insta-calls fight for marketing favorites... NEVER in the reverse. I did a youtube search now for it but can't find the video. If you can find it and watch it with "who is the marketing favorite in that fight" the pattern is there basically every time in terms of his reffing.

The Mirg instance I was thinking of was Rumble/Vitor. Rumble had a mark put on him for missing weight and they were set on getting him fired. I wasn't even sympathetic for Rumble at the time (it was "not this shit again" sort of reaction when he missed) but that was the most obvious corruption I've seen from a ref during a fight. Very clear "fix was in" reffing.

correct. Haters conveniently forget that Conor was winning every second of that fight until he gassed

that nate fight, if anything taught conor an important lesson...that his cardio needed improvement...and throwing all that shit, spinning kicks, was only tiring him out...that's why, in the 2nd nate fight and against alverez, he didn't do any of that...you probably won't see any kicking against khabib..or very very little.

McNuthuggers are the worst. They're so stupid. They should have their own subforum. They've robbed Sherdog of its former glory. They don't know anything about fighting. They have no lands or titles.

...so what if Khabib holds Conor in place and literally murders him in front of everyone? Will he be charged?

I can't wait, when conor knocks this over rated fool out, I'm going to post to all you conor haters...I can't wait...
ha ha , it will be similar what the other guy tried to explain.
Khabib will make it look so easy that even you will pray that Conor should give up and end the humiliation

that nate fight, if anything taught conor an important lesson...that his cardio needed improvement...and throwing all that shit, spinning kicks, was only tiring him out...that's why, in the 2nd nate fight and against alverez, he didn't do any of that...you probably won't see any kicking against khabib..or very very little.
OMG you are exactly correct...... and the first person I've ever heard mention that.....

I went back and watched the first nate fight and counted how many spinning back kicks that Conor through, and it was like 12 or something in 6 minutes.....crazy, I was screaming at the TV during that fight for him to stop doing that and of course he gassed out.

And if you noticed ever since that loss he hasn't thrown a SINGLE spin kick.

Conor's cardio is the only reason he lost that fight but haters will never accept that.

you give me hope for sherdog. ty

Off top of my head...
* the undisguised preference DW has given for Dean repeatedly
* calling Ronda/McMann extremely early off a body shot (first drop)
* calling Fedor/Hendo early (first drop)

There are many more in a ref lowlight but I don't remember off the top of my head. What I DO remember is the recurring pattern over and over... he ONLY insta-calls fight for marketing favorites... NEVER in the reverse. I did a youtube search now for it but can't find the video. If you can find it and watch it with "who is the marketing favorite in that fight" the pattern is there basically every time in terms of his reffing.

The Mirg instance I was thinking of was Rumble/Vitor. Rumble had a mark put on him for missing weight and they were set on getting him fired. I wasn't even sympathetic for Rumble at the time (it was "not this shit again" sort of reaction when he missed) but that was the most obvious corruption I've seen from a ref during a fight. Very clear "fix was in" reffing.

c'mon please don't start with the fedor fight. that would almost always be stopped and most face plants are stopped even earlier. he wasn't defending and couldn't stand after. and the idea he was playing politics in a strikeforce event on behalf of the ufc doesn't sound crazy to you?

mcmann dropped and couldn't defend herself. dean stopped the rockhold philippou fight exactly the same way. even earlier.

Damn, how many Conor hate threads/Khabib ball sucking threads are you gonna make?
No kidding. All of the threads are ridiculous. I remember when this place was legitimate discussion threads, now its just garbage trolling. On the fight itself, I think it is a great fight. Conor has the advantage of the feet, Khabib has the advantage on the ground. How it plays out will be interesting. I don't know how much further discussion needs to be on the fight, but I guess that's why bored people just make threads for trolling.

i think they’ll give the fight to Herb Dean and he will be very slow to stop the fight on the ground. Meanwhile, Khabib’s ability to get you down and control is second to none. What happens if Khabib keeps beating him into a living death, and then stops to prevent the fight from being stopped. He may feel like it is justified so that he can prove how great he is or to get Conor to tap to strikes. He may cause significant brain damage or death by doing this.

Luckily, there have been no deaths in the UFC cage so far. But, what happens if there is one? All the crap about human cock fighting, etc. will come back up and they might try to ban the UFC again - especially if it is the death of such a high profile fighter like Conor. If Khabib is caught extending the fight to hurt Conor more, then is he going to be blamed? Or, should the referee accept all the blame?

I know Khabib would end up being hated by a lot of fans. I wonder what would happen in the inevitable civil lawsuits and if he could potentially face criminal charges? Does everyone think Khabib should just finish him quickly instead of risking so much?
Khabib has never came close to hurting anyone seriously. He does minor cuts and bruises and can't bust a grape with his hands.

c'mon please don't start with the fedor fight. that would almost always be stopped and most face plants are stopped even earlier. he wasn't defending and couldn't stand after. and the idea he was playing politics in a strikeforce event on behalf of the ufc doesn't sound crazy to you?

mcmann dropped and couldn't defend herself. dean stopped the rockhold philippou fight exactly the same way. even earlier.
We can argue how early "too early" is (you and I will probably just disagree a bit and we should leave it at that) but that isn't the point as much as the PATTERN of his calls.

Found the thread on archive. Video was taken down unfortunately.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/herb-deans-finest-moments-worst-mistakes.3300609/
Like I said, pretty repeated pattern. Five questionable instances of favoring an outcome in line with politics. Zero controversial instances AGAINST the line of politics.

If it isn't political it is statistically bizarre.

Is fake confidence and desperately seeking refuge in consensus a Russian thing or just a Khabib fan thing? You guys need to read some books and spend some time with girls.

In all seriousness, when Ubereem was at peak horse meat consumption, I was legitimately worried he'd kill someone in the ring.

Khabib should suplex him a few times like severn did anthony macias then gnp him for a minute. When conor is about to tap, khabib should stop and pull his head off the mat by his hair, shaking his head 'no' like when the road warriors wanted to keep beating on someone instead of pinning them. After hes bored Then he should kill him
Most experts actually see the fight going this way

TS definitely rubbed one out while making that post.

Hes not risking anything. The corner can throw in the towel any time.

Back