Does Justin “JBG God” Gaethje deserve to get paid in full?

That fight with Barboza will be leg kicks galore.

he deserves to get paid what his manager can negotiate

personally don't find the punching bag style entertaining but most ppl do

A fighter like Gaethje deserves the big paydays... and if he can string some good wins together he should get them. As it stands right now, he's making out pretty alright, at 110 to show, 110 to win. I mean, if they're gonna pay the ghost of Shogun 195 to show, 70 to win, you'd think there's room for a raise for the P4P JBG Champ!

Man I tell you, I knew he was a tough guy and was stoked when he finally signed with the UFC but he's exceeded my expectations. He's a violent fighter and he won't have a long shelf life so I say get all the money you can JG, it's a pleasure watching you fight.

Barbosa is gonna leg kick him to Bolivia and make his face look like a fat chick sat on a Big Mac. But yeah pay him. He's a fucking savage.
Maybe so, but then again, JG has some pretty brutal leg kicks too.

personally don't find the punching bag style entertaining but most ppl do

I've never seen a punching bag that hit that hard...

Seriously though, you trying to say MJ/Gaethje wasn't one of the best fights in the history of the sport?

He’s been asking for his full pay up front for being an action fighter. Meaning he wants his show money and win money up front from the UFC.

What do you guys think!
He "deserves" exactly what his management negotiated for.

Absolutely he deserves it, the man is a JBG disciple, he's a literally a monk in the temple of Savagery.

Yes, not only because Gaethje obviously deserves it for being an absolute savage, but to inspire other fighters to aim for a similar contract. The UFC wants more finishes? That's how you get more finishes.

Kind of feel like win bonuses make fighters more tentative

Sure it's different for each fighter, but kind of against the practice.

FotN bonus still makes sense though.
Winning or losing also determines the future of their career. That is pretty scary. I doubt the pay is enough to make someone who would have been aggressive into a timid fighter.

He’s been asking for his full pay up front for being an action fighter. Meaning he wants his show money and win money up front from the UFC.

What do you guys think!

Win money up front?? I think he should get show money when he shows and win money when he wins.

Give them a set purse while taking away show/win money system and adjust the overall. The win money leads to more coasting and doesn't help. Give a bonus to all the fighters who win via finish of any kind. Din Thomas said this on Rogan's Podcast and it made sense to me...

Gaethje be like

giphy.gif

I live in Aurora near Justins old stomping grounds.
I don't hang with him or chat with him but he was at a gathering a friend of mine had. One thing I remember him saying is that he doesn't want to do this as long as he can he wants to make money and get out. His whole plan is to be a showman and just go out there and throw down in the center of the cage and make as good a show as he can. Getting the W is secondary. That's why he doesn't use his grappling. "Its boring".

This kid is better at wrestling than he is striking and it isn't even close.

He’s gonna keep the money so he can’t get fined for another backflip off the cage

Back