Does Jose Aldo really dominate Rubens Charles on the mat?

This is the first I've heard of it, but its very interesting information. I'd love to know more on it.

but what about now? the rumors were from training together this year or last.

who cares if he beat cobrinha BEFORE cobrinha became DOMINANT? cobrinha never won anything as a brown belt anyway (did he?).

Who the hell is Ruben Charles?? Jose Aldo > Him. at 145 155 or 170 :)

I also heard from a very legitimate source that Aldo also defeated Cobrinha at purple belt in addition to defeating him at brown

but what about now? the rumors were from training together this year or last.

who cares if he beat cobrinha BEFORE cobrinha became DOMINANT? cobrinha never won anything as a brown belt anyway (did he?).

thanks in part to Aldo... this statement is kind of self-contradicting.

Just chiming in to say Aldo by world domination at anything. He'll be the first fighter to hold every belt from 125 to heavyweight. =P

Srsly though, I haven't had this much fun watching a fighter in I don't know how long. I really can't wait to see his first submission win.

Yeah I read it in GracieMag that he did win over Cobrinha in a tourney. Can't remember the details but during that he time he said that he was training morning, afternoon, evening & till the wee hours of the morning & he was literally sleeping on the mats. He says that this was probably why he won over Cobrinha. He also won over Bruno Frazatto at a Brazilian tourney finals (nationals?)...the score was tied & at the last 30 seconds he did an arm drag & he got Frazatto's back. When he started MMA he became overconfident over his ground skills & lost via RNC in an MMA match. He then learned from that experience & resumed training with the gi & has never stopped training with it ever since.

In the same Graciemag article it was also mentioned that he had the experience of training with Freddie Roach although he wasn't able to train with Pacquiao himself. He considers Pacquiao P4P the best in boxing. Just thought of mentioning this 'coz I remember a Pacquiao vs Aldo thread here.

Back