Does Jorge have the most deceptive record ever?

masdival should be nicknamed ranchero because he's the mexican cowboy. Good fighter, but always folds under the spotlight.
GwYzQSs.gif
He is Cuban you idiot

No man, 0.500.. journeyman at best.. he lost to a real estate agent blablabla..

Yes.. lots of deceptive records out there and jorge does absolutely qualify..

how is it deceptive? forever he was a decision machine, and even worse a SPLIT DECISION machine. i like him, but he was notorious for coasting forever.

Maia has 5 losses in the last decade
Thats already more than the amount of legit losses Masvidal has in the last decade.
nope.
Melendez, Khabilov, Maia, Thompson, Larkin, Daley - all legit loses
even if you remove the Iaquinta, Bendo and Palomino fights, Masvidal still more of a loser than Maia

also, Till was overranked and Askren was both overhyped and overranked, and Askren lost to Lawler in my book.

he has 13 losses but 5 of them split decisions. the Palomino, Daley, Khabilov, Iaquinta, Benson, Larkin and Maia fights were hardly lopsided. A couple of those were legit robberies (Iaquinta, Palomino), others couldve went either way (Daley, Khabilov, Benson). Fights like Demian and Larkin he prolly clearly lost 2 rounds w/ 10pt must system but if u look at the fight as a whole they were both even fights. I dont know anything about the Assuncao fight as ive never seen it posted online and its one of the white whale fights but Jorge feels he got robbed in it from an interview before

The only times he was really outclassed and/or finished were his 2 sub losses, Wonderboy, Giblert when he had a buroken hand and Damm which was an alltime bad stoppage from a ref

No he's just not good.

he has 13 losses but 5 of them split decisions. the Palomino, Daley, Khabilov, Iaquinta, Benson, Larkin and Maia fights were hardly lopsided. A couple of those were legit robberies (Iaquinta, Palomino), others couldve went either way (Daley, Khabilov, Benson). Fights like Demian and Larkin he prolly clearly lost 2 rounds w/ 10pt must system but if u look at the fight as a whole they were both even fights. I dont know anything about the Assuncao fight as ive never seen it posted online and its one of the white whale fights but Jorge feels he got robbed in it from an interview before

The only times he was really outclassed and/or finished were his 2 sub losses, Wonderboy, Giblert when he had a buroken hand and Damm which was an alltime bad stoppage from a ref

You act as though all of those close losses were against world beaters... Bendo is the only UFC champ he's ever even fought.

Not that 34 and 13 is a bad record for a guy who has been fighting the level of competition he's been fighting... but there's nothing deceptive about it.

nope.
Melendez, Khabilov, Maia, Thompson, Larkin, Daley - all legit loses
even if you remove the Iaquinta, Bendo and Palomino fights, Masvidal still more of a loser than Maia.
More of a loser because of one fight? Which is a very even fight with Daley, who actually missed weight at 170

Also, Till was overranked and Askren was both overhyped and overranked, and Askren lost to Lawler in my book.
Till got the rank by beating Thomson. Wonderboy not elite in your book?

In your book Askren lost to Lawler? Wtf thats ridiculous.

Whatever, I let you know: Masvidal is considered elite by the whole ufc roster

Wonderboy not elite in your book?
no
Usman, Colby, Woodley, Edwards, RDA and Lima
that's the elite of WW as far as i am concerned
Masvidal, Maia, WB, Till, Rory and Askren would be borderline, but still a tier below.

you may disagree, and that's all very subjective, but i am just being sincere with you here.
not sure why you care tbh, i'm not trying to convince you Masvidal isn't elite, i just don't consider him to be, yet.

no
Usman, Colby, Woodley, Edwards, RDA and Lima
that's the elite of WW as far as i am concerned
Masvidal, Maia, WB, Till, Rory and Askren would be borderline, but still a tier below.

you may disagree, and that's all very subjective, but i am just being sincere with you here.
not sure why you care tbh, i'm not trying to convince you Masvidal isn't elite, i just don't consider him to be, yet.

I know but I just like to point out flaws in your logic, like considering Lima and not Rory or Askren, who have actually beat him.

Of course its subjectice, but whem pretty much every coach, training partner, fellow fighter, or anyome with accredited opinion considers Masvidal to be undoubtedly elite, it turns pretty objective. Of course you can still disagree though

I know but I just like to point out flaws in your logic, like considering Lima and not Rory or Askren, who have actually beat him.

Of course its subjectice, but whem pretty much every coach, training partner, fellow fighter, or anyome with accredited opinion considers Masvidal to be undoubtedly elite, it turns pretty objective. Of course you can still disagree though
Lima is a completely different fighter, he was what? 23 or 24 years old by the time Askren fought him? His grappling specially improved a lot. Now he's a great, phenomenal striker with excellent TDD and good BJJ awareness, much stronger & bigger too. I feel like Rory doesn't have it anymore, and he's getting destroyed in the rematch. If he doesn't, he's back at elite lv for me.

Not deceptive because it shows us he's had way too many underwhelming, point fighting decisions to be looked at in the light he is today.

Recency bias is real.

One of the best cases when people wanna base everything off record numbers, instead of watching fights.
Or watch him the following days. Is handed losses that he didn't actually lose according to the asshat. He is gatekeeper material to get in the top 7-10 range

Back