Does Jorge have the most deceptive record ever?

yes, as i said he's a great fighter
his record pretty much reflects that
i wouldn't say he's elite though, too small for 170 and always had trouble making 155
Maia had his back (dangerous asf) and some guys like Chiesa and Till dropped him, other than that he hasn't been in much trouble
I guess you dont consider Maia to be elite neither then.
Pretty much anyone who has a long record in mma, as Maia or Masvidal, gonna have losses on his record.

I guess you dont consider Maia to be elite neither then.
Pretty much anyone who has a long record in mma, as Maia or Masvidal, gonna have losses on his record.
Maia is old and still outgrappled him just fine, people give Masvidal too much credit for just surviving there with an aging Maia

This dude has never Gotten his ass properly kicked before which is amazing.

Most usually have at least one or two ruffled feathers. So this is particularly strange.

People also forget that fighters grown and get better, michael jordan's brother used to whoop him at basketball everyday, he got cut from his collage team and went on to be the GOAT. Some fighters get better with time, some get worse some remain the same. Masvidal imo is somebody who has improved and is more focused and motivated than he ever has been.

Maia is old and still outgrappled him just fine, people give Masvidal too much credit for just surviving there with an aging Maia
People? One juge actually scored the fight for Masvidal.
Even Maia gave him credit for how solid his grappling was, for a guy coming from LW. Lets remind Maia was a MW. And one of the best grapplers ever in ufc.
You didnt answered if Maia is elite in your book. He had a extremely close fight with Masvidal, who isnt elite for you.
Because he was "old"? Was he old when he lost to Shields or Munoz? Those kind of losses should remove him from elite status just like Masvidal dec losses, by your account.
Im guessing your list of elite fighters is extremely short

Last edited:
People? One juge actually scored the fight for Masvidal.
Even Maia gave him credit for how solid his grappling was, for a guy coming from LW. Lets remind Maia was a MW. And one of the best grapplers ever in ufc.
You didnt answered if Maia is elite in your book. He had a extremely close fight with Masvidal, who isnt elite for you.
Because he was "old"? Was he old when he lost to Shields or Munoz? Those kind of losses should remove him from elite status just like Masvidal dec losses, by your account.
Im guessing your list of elite fighters is extremely close
i don't care what the judges thought, i watched the fight and had no trouble scoring it for Maia.
wasn't extremely close, i don't agree with that, for me it was a clear win for Maia.

and Maia had like 5 loses before the recent losing skid, that's about 1/2 (if that) the amount of times Masvidal lost (not even counting the Iaquinta/Palomino fights), so yeah to me Maia was elite, while Masvidal never been, just how i view them

as for my list, for me ELITE means championship lv fighter, i can extend it to guys who really earned top5 spots, which i don't think Masvidal did, not yet.

Not really. He dropped him but just outpointed him from there while circling away on the backfoot in the 3rd round.
Nah man, I'm not the biggest Wonderboy fan but he countered Mas at will. Mas was swinging at air the whole fight.

His loses are either 50/50 or he got caught in a sub. Jorge is one of the best well rounded fighters right now and he deserves everything he got up to this point.

masdival should be nicknamed ranchero because he's the mexican cowboy. Good fighter, but always folds under the spotlight.
GwYzQSs.gif
Except he's not Mexican and just won the biggest fight of his life in 5 seconds

i don't care what the judges thought, i watched the fight and had no trouble scoring it for Maia.
wasn't extremely close, i don't agree with that, for me it was a clear win for Maia.

and Maia had like 5 loses before the recent losing skid, that's about 1/2 (if that) the amount of times Masvidal lost (not even counting the Iaquinta/Palomino fights), so yeah to me Maia was elite, while Masvidal never been, just how i view them

as for my list, for me ELITE means championship lv fighter, i can extend it to guys who really earned top5 spots, which i don't think Masvidal did, not yet.

He has just KOed Till, coming off a tittle shot and ranked top5, and Askren, who was undefeated, Bellator champ, coming off submitting a former ufc champ, and highly ranked.
He earned the top 5 spot, which actually holds.
Maia has 5 losses in the last decade, even prior to his recent 3 losing skid. Thats already more than the amount of legit losses Masvidal has in the last decade.
Both are more than proven elite.

Lol. Split decision losses are the new majority decision wins.

Khabilov, Larkin, Benson and Maia all beat him comfortably anyhow.

Lol. Split decision losses are the new majority decision wins.

Khabilov, Larkin, Benson and Maia all beat him comfortably anyhow.

Not that comfortably when actually one judge scored it against them, apart from some media outlets and plenty of fans. He lost to Khabilov fair and square though.
Some of you are obsessed with points and tbe round per round scoring... Many of us arent really surprissed by Masvidal's recent succes after years watching him fight killer after killer without barely being in any trouble, even if he didnt collect enough points to steal rounds which lead him to dec losses...
Not the best point collector, but those who know whats up already knew he was as legit fighter as you can get

Back