Does Jon Jones still keep his 50k bonus?

UFC knew about the coke before the fight. Why would they take a bonus from a person that they allowed to fight knowing he had a testing problem? That is silly.

even if Marijuana is tested in-competition (12 hrs before a fight), it still shows up if you did it 2 weeks before. if you're a regular pot smoker, its even more easier to trace even if you did it up to a month before.

so there really is no diff between tests in-comp or out-comp for marijuana. its BS as far as im concerned

Quite a valid point actually. It's a bit counter intuitive that something as safe as cannabis is detectable long after you've smoked (assuming you're a regular smoker), while a drug way more dangerous in cocaine is gone from your system fairly quickly.

Troll thread is troll thread.

The commission can random test you out of competition for PED's and if they show up and you are on pain killers or are drunk or high and that shows in the test it is not a factor. It is your life and out side competition you can do those things if you want.

If those same things show up in competition testing you will be punished.

UFC knew about the coke before the fight. Why would they take a bonus from a person that they allowed to fight knowing he had a testing problem? That is silly.

Well the NSAC knew about it as well and since the NSAC aren't doing anything about it, why would the UFC?

Maybe the NSAC/other commissions will be more careful in future with their testing labs and mention specifically that athletes are not to be tested for coke,heroin,speed,meth. But possibly test for weed since weed has a longer detection time and might screw up fight night testing.

Dude. Cocaine is FAR worse than pot. The "difference" here is that cocaine only shows up on drug tests for a couple days whereas pot can show up for months. So the fighters doing pot got screwed as a result in comparison to Jones who did cocaine.

Sure it is "out of competition" but so too probably were the fighters who did pot such as Nick Diaz. It's a double standard.

Also Dana was on record specifically mentioning cocaine as a banned drug in the UFC. See my sig.

-Cocaine is actually scheduled under Marijuana as far as the government is concerned. However we feel about it, until that's changed - you're going to have to understand that when it comes to Marijuana, things are a little hazy. (Get it?)

-Every person who has ever smoked and had to take a drug test knows how long it stays in your system. Unless you're sixteen and applying for your first job - you should not be surprised if you piss hot and you haven't properly "detox"d.

- To that end, I would find it hard to believe that the tests the fighters are receiving are the same tests we take to get a WalMart gig (do they drug test?). I could be wrong though. I do know that if I was a naive fighter who knew he had to undergo testing, I would err on the side of caution. "WalMart can detect for ~30 days? Ultra-official-public-record-UFC testing may be a little more intense".

Look, I like ganja as much as the next guy - but I know what it does and how long it stays. It's incredibly petty to demand a tit-for-tat retaliation against another guy because someone has poor self control.

TL;DR - Healy, Caceres, and Diaz aren't novice smokers. They knew what they were doing, knew how long it was in their system, and probably tried to clean their system the same way they would in high school. Or just not at all. Either way, the situation may be a little unfair to smokers - but just because you disagree with it doesn't change anything about Jones' situation.

When did Healy test positive? In comp or out?

In comp, but it was obvious from the trace amounts of THC that he hadn't used in a while. When Dana was asked if "it was fair" (the bonus withdrawal and suspension), Dana answered that "we can't reward a guy for breaking the rules".

The UFC knew about the out of comp positive test before the fight, yet still awarded Jon a bonus, so yes he'll keep it.

What people fail to notice is that UFC has a code of conduct for their fighters and they have fined/suspended/took some action against guys who've made stupid jokes etc. on Twitter etc. etc.

Back