Does Jon Jones still keep his 50k bonus?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
cuz Pat Healy lost $130.000 when he tested for marijuana and he sure as hell needs money more than Jon Jones...

Jon Jones tells Dana he's decided he's going to keep his bonus, and Dana's all "Yes, sir"

Are people like you serious? Do you really not see the difference?

cuz Pat Healy lost $130.000 when he tested for marijuana and he sure as hell needs money more than Jon Jones...

Pat Healy tested positive in competition, Jones tested out of competition, in a test that wasn't even supposed to happen.

even if Marijuana is tested in-competition (12 hrs before a fight), it still shows up if you did it 2 weeks before. if you're a regular pot smoker, its even more easier to trace even if you did it up to a month before.

so there really is no diff between tests in-comp or out-comp for marijuana. its BS as far as im concerned

Dana's worried about the person right now, guys.

even if Marijuana is tested in-competition (12 hrs before a fight), it still shows up if you did it 2 weeks before. if you're a regular pot smoker, its even more easier to trace even if you did it up to a month before.

so there really is no diff between tests in-comp or out-comp for marijuana. its BS as far as im concerned

Not smoking a month before the fight seems like a good start.

Learn the difference between in competition testing and out of competition testing. While I think it is absurd Jones could test positive for cocaine and not face any repercussions - he tested clean two weeks later - and I assume on fight night. HUGE difference...

That said, I'm not sure why Jones was tested for cocaine since I don't believe that is something they regularly test for...

I think it's useless to explain the difference between these two situations. Once Jones haters have made up their mind to discredit him, logic goes right out the window.

Pat might have been tested IC, and Jones OOC, but speeking from my heart - the day when Jones keeps the money after doing drugs and Pat loses it is a day when Justice was asleep.

Jesus fucking christ this board is either filled with retards or trolls. I honestly can't tell. You stupid motherfuckers who don't understand the difference between in comp and out of comp tests and how this impacts things.

Are people like you serious? Do you really not see the difference?

Dude. Cocaine is FAR worse than pot. The "difference" here is that cocaine only shows up on drug tests for a couple days whereas pot can show up for months. So the fighters doing pot got screwed as a result in comparison to Jones who did cocaine.

Sure it is "out of competition" but so too probably were the fighters who did pot such as Nick Diaz. It's a double standard.

Also Dana was on record specifically mentioning cocaine as a banned drug in the UFC. See my sig.

Jesus fucking christ this board is either filled with retards or trolls. I honestly can't tell. You stupid motherfuckers who don't understand the difference between in comp and out of comp tests and how this impacts things.

No. The real difference is just how long the drugs are detectable by drug tests. Nick Diaz got popped for using pot out of competition as well.

Dude. Cocaine is FAR worse than pot. The "difference" here is that cocaine only shows up on drug tests for a couple days whereas pot can show up for months. So the fighters doing pot got screwed as a result in comparison to Jones who did cocaine.

Sure it is "out of competition" but so too probably were the fighters who did pot such as Nick Diaz. It's a double standard.

Also Dana was on record specifically mentioning cocaine as a banned drug in the UFC. See my sig.

It's not a double standard. It's just science.

Look at these guys just making bullshit thread after thread even though they know the situation is different.

Jones tested out of comp. Coke metabolites are legal out of comp.

Healy tested for maruijana in comp which is not allowed.

He got a 50 kilo bonus? Wow.

Back