Does Joe Silva have the best job in the world?

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am pretty jealous of this dude man.

To watch the fights cageside all the time, to stand there in the weigh ins and watch the staredowns that close. Also doesnt have to talk in public or to the media.

OH and he controls the match making above 145. Im sure its harder than it sounds but still.

Bring on the Joe Silva cageside pics !

iR769f3pzDuqP.gif

I bet trying to get top fighters to agree to fight other top fighters is really stressful.

And having to remember who are friends, teammates, casual sex partners, etc

Yeah, it's almost as if he's God.

You know God is jealous of him, too. Can't think of any other reason for making him a midget.

I would not want to spend every day on the phone with fighters dealing with drama 24/7.

Also I'm sure the thrill of traveling all the time gets old.

I bet trying to get top fighters to agree to fight other top fighters is really stressful.

And having to remember who are friends, teammates, casual sex partners, etc

This. I would love to have his job but by no means do I think it's easy.

Well it sure beats being mop boy at show world

To put together rematches, mismatches and really obvious matches.
Does not sound too complex to me.

match making aside im sure there's also a bunch of internal afairs he has to deal with....there is a lot more to some jobs than meets the eye, that being said i wouldn't mind being in his shoes for a year to see what its like

Tough job with a lot of know-it-alls busting your balls. You need to have a thick skin to do that. Also all the fighters are very respectfull towards him so he apparently does a good job

Tough job with a lot of know-it-alls busting your balls. You need to have a thick skin to do that. Also all the fighters are very respectfull towards him so he apparently does a good job

Well i wouldnt want to have a bad attitude to my matchmaker lol. Thats the last guy you should fuck with.

probably alot of pressure,when the matches put together all turn out to be shit.

Well, it depends on the person.

To me, someone with about negative administration/organizing skills, it would be absolute hell.

Even to someone with a lot of talent and experience there managing those 400 fighters from all over the world is without doubt huge amount of work.

He seems to find it very rewarding though, so good for him.

He gets hated on way too much. He usually gives us really good fights.

The guy has a really tough job with lots of complaining, whining and guys not wanting to fight each other. I give him a ton of credit for doing as well as he does.

Plus he has an awesome office at the UFC HQ and always gets a front row seat for every fight.

Can one of you guys pull that YouTube video where it's a spoof of the UFC family featuring actors referenced as Dana White, Joe Rogan, Fertittas, and lastly the midget guy as Joe Silva? Anyone remember that vid? It was hilarious but forgot what it was called and who made it. :D

Back