Does Joe Hogan still spar?

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think he barely hasn't sparred striking for nearly 30 years (risk of brain damage, that's why he left kockboxing in the first place), I don't think he has ever trained pure mma, but as far as bjj sparring goes, he doesn't seem to do it that often anymore.

He hits the heavy bag these days, but I think that’s about it. In a recent show, he mentioned that he hasn’t rolled in a long time...

I dunno man... pull that shit up Jamie

He hits the heavy bag these days, but I think that’s about it. In a recent show, he mentioned that he hasn’t rolled in a long time...
As far as striking goes, I'm not even sure he has been sparring in the last 30 years.
In bjj he seems to have sparred a lot though.

he did TKD, not kickboxing, in his own words the kickboxers / muy thai trained guys were whooping his ass,

so he stopped,

TKD is legs only so no boxing by definition

but years ago when i saw the vid of him teaching GSP the spinning back kick, it was amazing.

That half-step pivot joe was talking about really helped me in the ways that he said it would. helped me drive through the bag

He’s not a fighter. Admitted it himself . Did not want to take the shots anymore. But he is a very high level and technical martial artists and does have a competition background.
He’s got lots of money and does pay high level guys to hold pads or work out with him and help his technique . He’s also as optimized as most people can get . Meaning hormone management , growth hormone , unlimited access to top level recovery and medical treatments , at home Sauna and float tank on the leading edge of anti aging technology . Likely micro doses stuff too.

But even with all of that joe isn’t a fighter . Thought he was and learned through that experience. I highly doubt he spars. He does spar jiujitsu though and from what I understand he’s legit but does get schooled often by the high level guys .

With him leaving LA it doesn’t seem like he will roll anymore either, since it was his hobby with Eddie Bravo at Tenth Planet

I can understand that he's not willing to take the shots anymore.
Guy is a multi millionnaire and has plenty of success doing what he does, why would he accept to get brain damage.
I kinda feel the same (and I am not as successful as he is of course), every time I watch boxing or Kb or mma striking, I want to spar striking again.
And then when I go there I'm like "why am I doing that again?"
You can still super light sparring but at some point it's unrealistic...

Joe is moving to Texas
Still don't know why he is doing that, what about this awesome place he has (where he does his podcasts)
Taxes maybe?
And what about Jamie?
At least we won't get to see that Idiot Schaub that often anymore

Still don't know why he is doing that, what about this awesome place he has (where he does his podcasts)
Taxes maybe?
And what about Jamie?
At least we won't get to see that Idiot Schaub that often anymore
It’s taxes more than anything. And Jamie and Brendan Schaub are moving to Texas with Joe.

Is that a joke?
Jamie I understand but Schaub?
What's that bullshit all about, is Schaub Joe's second wife or what?
Without Joe, Brendan Schaub wouldn’t have a career. Brendan has copied Joe in everything he has done: Standup comedy, podcasting. Makes sense he would follow Joe, that’s his ticket to any success. Texas has some big urban cities, I think some may have the impression it’s all kind of backwoods but Houston I believe is pretty liberal.

Without Joe, Brendan Schaub wouldn’t have a career. Brendan has copied Joe in everything he has done: Standup comedy, podcasting. Makes sense he would follow Joe, that’s his ticket to any success. Texas has some big urban cities, I think some may have the impression it’s all kind of backwoods but Houston I believe is pretty liberal.
So the Podcast with Callen stops?
Or does he move too?
Shit I thought we were done with those two...

So the Podcast with Callen stops?
Or does he move too?
Shit I thought we were done with those two...
I have no idea about The Fighter and The Kid, maybe Brendan will be even more sure about ending it since Callen’s rape allegation. I’ll miss the entire gang getting together for fight companions, but I think people will probably be flown out frequently for appearances on the podcast.

Back