Does JDS have more power than Cain or..

dsmjrv

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I dont think JDS has more power in his punches than Cain.

I think he just has a better chin, (but slower recovery) JDS failed to KO Nelson and Carwin despite practically teeing off on them, even his KO victory over Cain was not 1 punch.. It was like the 4th or 5th punch in the follow up ground and pound that momentarily put Cain out.

JDS postured up and landed some nice accurate almost diving punches on cain for the KO.. As where when Cain knocked JDS down he took a wrestling position and tried to finish with arm punches.

Cain doesn't really KO people the way JDS does. In MMA a TKO is a completely different thing and can in theory be done without even hurting your opponent.

JDS on the other hand KO'ed half the division.

Besides Cain failed to finish Kongo (after 250 punches to the head) who has a much worse chin than Nelson.

I think JDS has more power and a better chin. I thought JDS was going to be finished multiple times but wasn't. Cain's TKO over Rothwell was as Big Ben was getting to his feet. The only person Cain has put out cold is Nog. Regardless of any of this Cain won the fight.

Nelson has an incredible chin, and Carwin's isn't bad at all.

Yes JDS hits harder then Cane more accurate to.

JDS drops opponents in their tracks. They are out cold. While Cain is more of a TKO finisher.

It's pretty clear junior has more one punch power than Cain

Cain couldn't finish Kongo despite hitting him 250 times in the head, and Rothwell was pretty much ignoring Cain's strikes when he ref stepped in.

i think the reason everyone thinks cains punches dont pack a wallop is because he rarely throws bombs.. his intentions are not there to KO a guy, they are there to set up takedowns and/or punish guys on the ground while maintaining a dominant position.. "kind of like GSP" when he loads up it can cause the same kind of fireworks that JDS produces..

im feel like that overhand right was harder than any bomb JDS has ever thrown... JDS ate a few good shots from both nelson and carwin who have massive power and he walked right through them.. all of the sudden pillow fist cain cleans JDS clock with one blow? he didn't not finish JDS because he couldn't, he took his preferred rout of gaining dominant position which guaranteed himself the win.

its not that he wont go for the finish or anything, its that he has gotten a lot of finishes while still taking his controlled approach and i think JDS resilience surprised him..

Back