Does Jake Ellenberger Live in a Gangsta's Paradise?

Don't read into things. He likes the song. That's reason enough. You think I listen to metal because I'm angry and torn or hiphop because I'm pretend-ballin like the rappers think they are? I listen to each because I like the song. It doesn't mean its a reflection of my life. Most people who listen to "Sexy and I Know It" don't even lift!

Um Maybe he likes the song...

Remember Ellenberger was like 10 years old when Dangerous Minds came out and that song was absolutely huge with mainstream radio play and widespread appeal. That's probably a song with nostalgic appeal to him.

Dude on the fight pass prelims came out to Ke$ha and we're complaining about Ganstas Paradise?

It's a good song.
He came out to it because he no doubt likes it.

... Do you think Anderson actually believes there ain't no sunshine?

Oh? What is your reason for thinking this?

We know what it is. And it's racist.

Demographics-5.png

It is statistically verified. Keep in mind Asians and Eastern-European immigrants, possible even North-Africans are listed as white. The percentage of white Americans amongst gangmembers is negligible.

Demographics-5.png

It is statistically verified. Keep in mind Asians and Eastern-European immigrants, possible even North-Africans are listed as white. The percentage of white Americans amongst gangmembers is negligible.

Lmao. I don't know what's wrong with some of you people.

Some people like rap and hip hop songs because of their beats and rhymes and not the actual content of the lyrics. Maybe he is one of them.

Demographics-5.png

oh shit. statistically shit up in this bitch. 209 WHERE YOU AT

The percentage of white Americans amongst gangmembers is negligible.
Are they not including biker gangs and european descent mafia groups? Because those groups are still rampant everywhere.

And there's probably more asian mafia members in the world then all the other gang related groups combined. They just happen to be present in their own country. The Triad is retardedly massive.

That graph is goofy.

Maybe it pumps him up.

Do you only listen to songs that describe your life?

I think it's cause he's been blastin' and laughin' so long that, even his momma thinks that his mind is gone.

But now I'm starting to wonder what the hell Chuck was doing coming out DMX for all of those years? DMX made a diss song about California, Chuck's home state... and equally relevant, did Chuck even own dogs? And why would he be uncertain about their location right before a fight? Seems like a big distraction to me.

Are they not including biker gangs and european descent mafia groups? Because those groups are still rampant everywhere.

And there's probably more asian mafia members in the world then all the other gang related groups combined. They just happen to be present in their own country. The Triad is retardedly massive.

That graph is goofy.

Pretty sure that chart just represents the United States, which is where Jake is from. Also, if you think Biker gangs are a relevant criminal presence you may be a bit out of touch.

I saw an interview with Jake once where he said one of his favorite movies is Dangerous Minds. He also said he could relate to the film My Own Private Idaho with Keanu Reeves.

Also, if you think Biker gangs are a relevant criminal presence you may be a bit out of touch.
Biker gang chapters are still everywhere in Canada, which is where I live. There's actually one day a year many of them get together and ride in southern Ontario. Their numbers are nearly 10,000 strong every year, And that's just the ones that decide/are close enough to show up.

Biker gang chapters are still everywhere in Canada, which is where I live. There's actually one day a year many of them get together and ride in southern Ontario. Their numbers are nearly 10,000 strong every year, And that's just the ones that decide/are close enough to show up.

That actually sounds pretty cool, but my point is, are they actually violent or criminal? I imagine there's probably a bit of illicit drug related activity going on, but I can't remember the last time I heard about a biker gang being involved in a violent crime.

I mean Jake grew up in Nebraska. Facing tornadoes on the regular makes a man hard straight up. Everyday you dont know if you'll live or die. Mad respect

That actually sounds pretty cool, but my point is, are they actually violent or criminal? I imagine there's probably a bit of illicit drug related activity going on, but I can't remember the last time I heard about a biker gang being involved in a violent crime.
Not really anymore. Mostly drugs and petty crime, as you say. The crazy murders of the 70s/80s is mostly finished.

It's still a gang though, by every definition of the word.

not sure if he's used it before but I feel like maybe he has. maybe his favorite movie is Dangerous Minds. it does seem a bit odd, but most fighters listen to rap/hip-hop (is there a difference?) and tough-guy metal shit... probably like most of the Sherdoggers, no? that's why I like the miller brothers and Weidman for going with my kind of music; it's rare for a UFC fighter

the thread is about one of the psychological aspects of fighting. Jake did not appear to have a good mindset coming in to the fight. Discuss. Or call it shit, I guess.

Some can say that people read too much in to little things, but when a white guy from Nebraska, who is supposed to be intent on making up for his last performance comes out to Gangsta's Paradise, with lyrics the likes of "there's nothing left to my life".... then I have to ask, wtf?

I agree that it was bit ridiculous, but he probably just thought that the song was cool or liked it, hey dont always think their entrance song as a deeper meaning

Back