Does Jake Ellenberger Live in a Gangsta's Paradise?

fnog9

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I thought Jake Ellenberger's choice of entrance song was quite odd. Gangsta's Paradise? I thought, Jake does not appear to come from gang culture. Why choose that song? The first lines of the song are, "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left". I thought, this does not exactly sound like the theme song of a guy who is making a come back. I'm sure Jake did not go in to this thinking he was going to lose, but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking when they choose their entrance music.

What a shit thread this is.

the thread is about one of the psychological aspects of fighting. Jake did not appear to have a good mindset coming in to the fight. Discuss. Or call it shit, I guess.

Some can say that people read too much in to little things, but when a white guy from Nebraska, who is supposed to be intent on making up for his last performance comes out to Gangsta's Paradise, with lyrics the likes of "there's nothing left to my life".... then I have to ask, wtf?

I think Weird Al's parody Amish Paradise would have been a better walk-out song. It would have made Robbie Lawler laugh and lose focus.

its a main stream song.

not like he came out to tupac "out on bail"

I think guys just pick songs they like.

You shouldn't really look into it too much.

IIRC he comes out to this song every time,

I thought sam sicilla coming out to rage against the machine "Sleep now in the fire" was cool

Robbie lawler also came out to beautiful by eminem, decent choices

Well, he trains with Rousey, who projects this fake tough guy persona. Perhaps he just was trying to be a poser like her. Unfortunately for Jake, the male fighters hit very hard.

Jake Ellenberger was shot five times in a drive-by shooting when he was 15. wtf.

When facing Lawler your are indeed walking through the valley of the shadow of death.

the thread is about one of the psychological aspects of fighting. Jake did not appear to have a good mindset coming in to the fight. Discuss. Or call it shit, I guess.

Some can say that people read too much in to little things, but when a white guy from Nebraska, who is supposed to be intent on making up for his last performance comes out to Gangsta's Paradise, with lyrics the likes of "there's nothing left to my life".... then I have to ask, wtf?

They may not even choose their own music. Some tunes might be unavailable to them for legal reasons and they may have to choose from a list. This thread is really reaching to interpret song selection as someone's secret diary.

It's no West Linn, Oregon, but he does live in a rough town.

MMA fighters tend to not have a wide palette of musical taste and most aren't trying to make a statement with their walkout music. He probably just gets pumped by the song. I wouldn't think much into it.

Jake does not appear to come from gang culture.

Oh? What is your reason for thinking this?

We know what it is. And it's racist.

If you like Coolio you're gonna get your ass handed to you. Simple as that.

Back