Does it seem that Europe has a high % of skinny-fat people?

RexChapmanFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Was watching an Olympic men's water polo match between USA and Croatia today and it looked like many of the Croatian players had that 'skinny-fat' look, as the kids say. Thin but sort of flabby in an odd way. (Struck me, as I thought this was surprising for Olympic athletes.)

Dawned on me that this actually seems to prevalent among Europeans from what I can tell. Seems like Europe doesn't generate particularly obese people, but nor are they striving to be muscular like a lot of Americans who like to hit the weights. Am I wrong?

Low test to est ratio caused by being male feminists

Doesn't it seem that the US has a lot of fat-fat people. I've never seen so many fat and unhealthy people in my life. It's scary and dangerous for all.

Was watching an Olympic men's water polo match between USA and Croatia today and it looked like many of the Croatian players had that 'skinny-fat' look, as the kids say. Thin but sort of flabby in an odd way. (Struck me, as I thought this was surprising for Olympic athletes.)

Dawned on me that this actually seems to prevalent among Europeans from what I can tell. Seems like Europe doesn't generate particularly obese people, but nor are they striving to be muscular like a lot of Americans who like to hit the weights. Am I wrong?

You are right. In Europe it is more common to show ones superiority by not having to impress anyone with anything as crass as ones body.

The upper class historically avoided any manual labour, that includes working out.

Working out for aesthetics would be considered vain and working class.

Time changes all things but being less of a competitive society, ie social structure is more fixed, people feel like they have to show off a little less.

I'm guessing they prescribe to their coaches training plan involves little to no resistance training. Everything is purely within the realm of their sport.

Skinny fat happens when you don't lift, and have a lack of muscular development in the back, mostly with the lats region

Didnt believe you at first because swimmers are always cut, I will not call them fat but they do have amateur looking bodys.

But they won so maybe they are doing it right.

Olympics1.jpg

Yea i been to UK all they do is eat shitty small meal food and smoke cigrrettes. As far as athletes go, their bodies are more geared for endurance rather than explosion

Europeans are slightly more likely to be endomorphs.

Fit endomorphs = skinny fat (like Gustafsson).

East Asians also tend to be skinny fat.

Unsurprisingly those are the 2 races that developed in winter conditions (body fat = warmth).

you'll have to get some better data than the croatian waterpolo team's look to jump to the conclusion than Europe has lots of skinny fat people.

here: http://www.worldobesity.org/resources/world-map-obesity/?map=overview-men

I don't know about skinny fat, but americans are overall way fatter than europeans.
wtf is going on in Venezuela though? how are there so many fat fucks if they are in food rationing lines and shit?

You are right. In Europe it is more common to show ones superiority by not having to impress anyone with anything as crass as ones body.

The upper class historically avoided any manual labour, that includes working out.

Working out for aesthetics would be considered vain and working class.

Time changes all things but being less of a competitive society, ie social structure is more fixed, people feel like they have to show off a little less.

<15>

Fat helps you float, muscle makes you sink. In a sport like water polo where you're constantly treading water, it makes sense to not be totally ripped or overly muscular.

All hail America.

The master race.

image.jpeg

Didnt believe you at first because swimmers are always cut, I will not call them fat but they do have amateur looking bodys.

But they won so maybe they are doing it right.

Olympics1.jpg
Is that shogun?

Skinny fat like me, I wish I could get rid of these little A cups

Back