Does it matter to you if Fedor took roids during his Pride days?

Does it matter to you if Fedor took roids during his Pride days?

• Total voters
Not to me

Steroids were allowed in Pride. My issue with Steroids is that they aren't allowed, and by doing them you give yourself an unfair advantage over someone who isn't juicing. I don't care about juicing, I care about cheating

In Pride, steroids were allowed and encouraged, meaning if you were doing steroids the playing field was still completely level because your opponent had the option of doing the same if they chose to
giphy.gif

No, because everyone else in PRIDE was part of the same free-for-all.

Even playing field. No asterisks. See how that works? God, wouldn't it be nice.

Not to me

Steroids were allowed in Pride. My issue with Steroids is that they aren't allowed, and by doing them you give yourself an unfair advantage over someone who isn't juicing. I don't care about juicing, I care about cheating

In Pride, steroids were allowed and encouraged, meaning if you were doing steroids the playing field was still completely level because your opponent had the option of doing the same if they chose to
this is all true and a fine argument to make, but that changes the foundation of the sport. the entire landscape is different when this is the discussion were having, and thus you should not even compare them to a 'clean' organization that is vigorously tested by USADA.

you can only change the bedrock rules so much before its an entirely different sport.

I don't know a lot of pride, but it seems to be the consensus of most people here, that everybody in pride was on something.
If that's true, than it's not really cheating if Fedor did it as well.
If he however wasn't on any kind of ped (while his opponents were on them), than that'd make his legacy even better.

He never tested positive in Japan, US or Russia.

As a Pride champion he was tested by NSAC at Pride 32 and pissed clean. NSAC spent 2.5 more money on testing Pride 32 than UFC 64, so we can speculate that Fedor would have passed the tests even as UFC fighter.

It doesn't matter to me as far as all of his opponents go. If he was juicing, all of his opponents did, too, so those wins are still legit. Same with pre-USADA Andy Silva and Jon Jones. It was what it was.

But it does matter when comparing him to post-USADA greats like DC and Stipe.

Wtf yes of course I'll rip all my Fedor posters from the basement wall if I ever find out he's a cheater

What was Pride rules on PEDs. If they didn't care then yes he gets a pass if not no.

this is all true and a fine argument to make, but that changes the foundation of the sport. the entire landscape is different when this is the discussion were having, and thus you should not even compare them to a 'clean' organization that is vigorously tested by USADA.

you can only change the bedrock rules so much before its an entirely different sport.

You can make a similar argument for why people should never compare FLWs to WWs to HWs and everything in between. And people still do and always will

<Fedor23>

There are no definitive answers, just opinions, some of which make more sense than others

You can make a similar argument for why people should never compare FLWs to WWs to HWs and everything in between. And people still do and always will

<Fedor23>

There are no definitive answers, just opinions, some of which make more sense than others
giphy.gif

Its just an argument to discredit his legacy, but no it doesn't matter in this case because they were allowed to do them.

I don't know a lot of pride, but it seems to be the consensus of most people here, that everybody in pride was on something.
If that's true, than it's not really cheating if Fedor did it as well.
If he however wasn't on any kind of ped (while his opponents were on them), than that'd make his legacy even better.

EXACTLY. People who talk crap about Fedor because he was in an organization that "encouraged PED use" don't seem to understand this basic logic.
At worst, that puts him on an even playing field, and very possibly at a huge disadvantage to all of his opponents.

If Fedor never took peds and he was that fucking good, beating guys who were on them..Not only would he remain the g.o.a.t, there is literally not one person that even comes close to sniffing him, not Jones, not GSP and if I knew for a fact that he didn't I would seriously think about converting to be a Russian Orthodox Christian. I always assumed it was fair game for Fedor in Japan. Hell, over half the guys he fought out of Pride were on peds when he wasn't.

Would of been within the rules and nothing screamed roids about him buts it’s possible

How about A. No it's ok, virtually every fighter was on roids, and if they weren't, they may have breached their Japanese contract!

Fuck stupid polls that have no right or fair answer. It's most of them, actually. Poll makers suck around here and most have a biased agenda. Suck a pole TS. And pandas belong to @SCTwins TS. A funny as hell poster.

Back