Does Israel Adesanya rub anyone else the wrong way?

Watch him in joe rogan this dude is awsome .
He has more experiance than 87 percent or more of the whole ufc roster.. His skill is just on another level..

But i beleive there is no mw who can defeat him but costa and whitaker would i think could give him a run for his money .

Yeah he is right at that point where one more solid win vs say, Rockhold or Jacare puts him in the top tier cartegory.
I agree, I'd like to see him fight either of those guys. Even Costa, although not a huge fan of knocking off contenders either.

Jones has charisma? He certainly does not. Everytime he opens his mouth I tune out.
I don't even like Jones but i think he has undeniable charisma. I can totally understand why you tune out when he opens his mouth: most of what comes out of it is so fake it's unbearable :D

Yeah, I don't like the guy at all personally. Came across like a prick on Joe's podcast. Acted like a classless piece of shit at the weigh ins and then again during the fight. Brunson is a good win, but I think he's lucky that Brunson has bad defense and a weak chin and doesn't really know how to mix his wrestling with his striking or to find the perfect mix between technical and aggressive striking. We'll see how Israel does against a wrestler or at least a more complete fighter...
Jackie, cmon....Israel is the real deal. I agree with you in the sense that he has yet to prove himself against a top tier MW wrestler for example like Yoel, but imo...if he were to fight Whittaker for the belt tomorrow. He would absolutely dice him into diced fresh tomatoes bruv imo. Israel has such high level striking it's fkng scary bruv. Like Derek said "you a skinny ni**a". Well that didn't mean shit and Derek did all he good to take this kid down to no avail. I see Israel becoming the next MW champ if he continues improving his wrestling which he is from what I saw against Brunson and Brunson is on tough dude.

Only person I think beats Israel right now is Yoel Romero. Other than that, he fuks up the MW division, and yes that includes the unbeatable Costa , Brazil's Hulk

He is cocky, have confidence, are in great shape, and backs up what he says.

Of course most lazy out of shape sherdoggers will not like him

Jackie, cmon....Israel is the real deal. I agree with you in the sense that he has yet to prove himself against a top tier MW wrestler for example like Yoel, but imo...if he were to fight Whittaker for the belt tomorrow. He would absolutely dice him into diced fresh tomatoes bruv imo. Israel has such high level striking it's fkng scary bruv. Like Derek said "you a skinny ni**a". Well that didn't mean shit and Derek did all he good to take this kid down to no avail. I see Israel becoming the next MW champ if he continues improving his wrestling which he is from what I saw against Brunson and Brunson is on tough dude.
I'm not saying Israel isn't the real deal. But I stand beside what I said. Brunson has 2 take downs in his last 10 fights. The guy doesn't know if he's coming or going. I wouldn't be surprised if he's flushed out of the UFC soon. He's lost 4 out of 6, 3 by (T)KO. Probably depends on whether they feed him a few cans or keep matching him up with monsters. I'll give Israel credit when it's due. I'm able to separate liking a fighter as a person from liking them as a fighter. Brunson may be tough, but he's not durable. I don't think Israel has much punching power, really. But he landed a nice knee and then was able to put away the chinny Brunson. It looks like White plans on developing him fairly slowly, or at least he says. We'll see how it goes...

I was hyped about this guy at first and dont get me wrong I still enjoy watching his fights but his persona out of the cage just rubs me the wrong way, there's confidence and being cocky n then there's just bein a straight up douche.
He didn't have jack shit to respond to Brunsons burns other than 'have you seen my memes' fucking pathetic.. look forward to seeing him humbled.

Yeah he’s a little much. But if he keeps fighting like this, I don’t care. I care mostly about what happens within 3 -5 rounds. Everything else is extra.

I'm not saying Israel isn't the real deal. But I stand beside what I said. Brunson has 2 take downs in his last 10 fights. The guy doesn't know if he's coming or going. I wouldn't be surprised if he's flushed out of the UFC soon. He's lost 4 out of 6, 3 by (T)KO. Probably depends on whether they feed him a few cans or keep matching him up with monsters. I'll give Israel credit when it's due. I'm able to separate liking a fighter as a person from liking them as a fighter. Brunson may be tough, but he's not durable. I don't think Israel has much punching power, really. But he landed a nice knee and then was able to put away the chinny Brunson. It looks like White plans on developing him fairly slowly, or at least he says. We'll see how it goes...
Well said bruva

@Jackie Blue , I know Adesnaya hasn't even touched the top tier MW's yet and of course his wrestling is to be questioned as he is primarily a kickboxer. Still tho, you saw him stop Brunson's takedowns repeatedly, not that Brunson is the best wrestler at MW but he was/is an accomplished collegiate wrestler and that knowledge carries over into any mmartist's career. What I'm trying to say is, Israel is still learning and he is a master striker at that! This kid is dangerous as fuk. I only see Yoel whoopin his ass, not even Robert Whittaker beats him imo. Do you not like Israel bruv?

I like him as a fighter and that's about it.

@Jackie Blue , I know Adesnaya hasn't even touched the top tier MW's yet and of course his wrestling is to be questioned as he is primarily a kickboxer. Still tho, you saw him stop Brunson's takedowns repeatedly, not that Brunson is the best wrestler at MW but he was/is an accomplished collegiate wrestler and that knowledge carries over into any mmartist's career. What I'm trying to say is, Israel is still learning and he is a master striker at that! This kid is dangerous as fuk. I only see Yoel whoopin his ass, not even Robert Whittaker beats him imo. Do you not like Israel bruv?
It was an impressive performance. It shows at the very least that he has take down defense. Just how good it is remains to be seen, but he's showing that he has the tools. Going over the UFC top 10 (plus the champion at the top) as it is currently listed on their website, it includes two guys that Israel already beat (Tavares and Brunson), so that shows he's proved that he's top ten.

You look at the two guys outside the champ and top 5 contenders that he hasn't faced yet, and that's Paulo Costa and David Branch. I think he probably beats Costa, unless perhaps he has some chin issues that I don't know about, or Costa just lands the perfect punch. I think Costa has more punching power, but Israel is more polished as a striker and should be able to outpoint him or possibly even put him away with a kick or a knee. I also think he beats Branch. Unfortunately for Branch, it seems like he wasted much of his prime outside of the big show and is starting to slow down and his chin is becoming more brittle.

I think Israel puts him out. He should have been able to beat Cannonier and he got put away instead. I'm not sold on Cannonier at all, so that says a lot about where Branch is at this point of his career and at his advanced age for a fighter. Which brings us now to the top 5 contenders plus the champion.

Among that group, I think the one who Israel has the best chance to beat is Kelvin. In that bout, I think Israel has a good chance to stuff Kelvin's take downs, assuming Kelvin even shoots at all considering how much he's been getting away from his wrestling lately. And I think Israel can out point him standing, although Kelvin has surprisingly fast hands and could possibly catch Israel, though I still favor Israel. I can see Weidman's grappling and size and strength giving Israel a lot of trouble. Weidman looked good against Jacare and then got caught towards the end of the fight.

But Weidman's not going to stand and bang with Israel like he did with Jacare. I'd favor Weidman, but give Israel a puncher's chance. I think Jacare beats Israel similarly to Weidman, except perhaps he can finish with a submission. I think Rockhold won't fuck around with Israel like he did with Bisping and he's a monster on top. I think Romero could either control Israel with wrestling or maybe even finish him standing. I think Whittaker is an easier fight than Romero because he's primarily a striker. Perhaps the hardest part for Israel would be getting to Whittaker as opposed to actually fighting him. That would be a good striking battle, could go either way, I guess.

Absolutely loathe the guy and can't figure out why.

Like to watch him, though, so whatever. Definitely a great move by the UFC to sign him, he's polarizing.

Absolutely loathe the guy and can't figure out why.

Like to watch him, though, so whatever. Definitely a great move by the UFC to sign him, he's polarizing.
I loathe all his Twitter talk and social media kid type shit but other than that he is a force to be reckoned with

He is marketing himself, it may not be your cup of tea but he is doing the right thing to maximize his earning potential.

He is cocky, have confidence, are in great shape, and backs up what he says.

Of course most lazy out of shape sherdoggers will not like him

Sherdoggers don’t like him because:

He’s not 200 lbs
He’s not 6” 3 +
He’s not making 6 figures
He doesn’t have a 10/10 girlfriend

When he has those he’ll be considered an equal. From there he may even become “liked”

Any minds changed?

I don't mind him when he's not hurt by an insult (he sounds confident). But once he's hurt (and he has a thin skin), not so much (he sounds mean+arrogant).

The phrase rubing someone the wrong way rubs me the wrong way. I always feel that person who uses it sleeps with a cucumber up their ass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back