Does Holly losing help or help Rondas...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Curious to know, does Holly losing help Rondas confidence or hurt it?

I cant tell if she would be saying " Holly lost, she can be beat, I can beat her in a rematch" or " I cant believe I lost to someone who lost twice in a row, maybe I am not the best"

i was under the impression ronda had none left....

I dont think it does too much. To beat Holm she has to change.

Holly's now on a two fight losing streak. It's gotta give Ronda some confidence.

Question is how confident is she against Shevchenko? For all we know Ronda could come out and get her to the ground easily.

Holly Holm was strong, and had good take down defense.

Styles make fights.

Holly v Ronda 2 for the title would've been the best financially and if she could win the best for her, if

Can't tell until we see how good Ronda looks if she returns.

Holly showed great takedown defense against Ronda, but they are completely different styles.

Ronda likes to tie up the head or upper body and go for judo style hip throws and follow-up trips. Valentina was going straight into forward pressure trips (which seemed to work better on Holly).

And as cleanly as Valentina defeated Holly, I don't know if that means she can shake off the same bull rush to throw to arm bar sequence that has defeated so many others.

Attempting to translate OP's thread into Middle-School-level English..."Does Holly's loss to Shevchenko help or hurt Ronda's confidence?"

Holly's now on a two fight losing streak. It's gotta give Ronda some confidence.

Question is how confident is she against Shevchenko? For all we know Ronda could come out and get her to the ground easily.

Holly Holm was strong, and had good take down defense.

Styles make fights.

Like just for Avatar.

Ronda doesn't have any confidence anymore.

Holms last 2 fights made me disappointed she was tearing meisha up and got caught then thoroughly beat by an upcoming prospect

Doesn't even matter though cyborg going to clean up all these chicks

Doesn't even matter though cyborg going to clean up all these chicks
giphy-downsized-large.gif

agreed

Attempting to translate OP's thread into Middle-School-level English..."Does Holly's loss to Shevchenko help or hurt Ronda's confidence?"
Out of the options "does it help or help" I'm going with that it actually does help.
We need a poll going.
A) does it help?
B) or help?

Ronda's awful

Better to fight and lose than to be too scared to fight at all

I think it actually helps Ronda in a weird way. Holly fought so predictable in both of her losses. She employed the same game plan against two completely different fighters and, winning or losing, made no mid course adjustments. Also, she uses the same strikes from the same angles and presents no threat outside of counterstriking and point fighting. Her clinch and ground gamea are underdeveloped.

It really exposes Rondas deficit in that fight, which was her gameplan. I am a self proclaimed Ronda hater and celebrated the loss, but she can win a rematch if she employs a better gameplan and is patient.

Judging by your title, I'd say it helps since that's the only option.

I can't imagine it does anything but help. She's probably thinking she must had a bad night or that she utilized the wrong strategy to beat her (which she did; She kept trying to out-strike Holly even long after it was clear that was a battle she wasn't gonna win), and that with a superior gameplan she could win.

Fuckin relax honey, I made a mistake when I typed it in.

I'd say it definitely helps. When you see someone who beat you get beat by others, it shows that they have weaknesses and aren't invincible. It's like anything in life that might seem difficult and discouraging. If you see others do it, you realize it's not so hard. Ronda's obstacles seem to be more about her ego and public image. She had everyone treating her like a living legend and she based her identity on it, so she can't deal with people seeing her do poorly.

Back