Does Holloway leave his brain at home? He kept moving forwards like it was nuttin

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Only in the fifth did he start slowing down. He was beaten, busted up and kept moving forwards eating shot after shot, and Dustin is not pillow-fisted at all. He had Dustin in trouble a few times.

It's like it's almost impossible to seriously hurt him, although you can outstrike him and outhurt him as Poirier showed us tonight. But man that must be one of the best chins we've ever seen.

Great fighter and heart of a champ. I think if he adds some muscle and power to his strikes he can hang in there with the LWs no problem.

Max took a lot of shots against Ortega too. Concerning to say the least.

Probably thought he could bully his opponent like Ortega and Aldo but Poirier came at him like a bull in round 1.

He was seriously hurt in the first but just carried on walking forward. Crazy fucker. Granite chin but short on brain cells

he literally always fights like that

he fought someone who was bigger, stronger, more powerful and just as technical this time so it didnt work.

Those Hawaiians are durable. BJ was always known for that.

I remember when Chuck Liddell had a great chin.

These guys left it all on the line

Two legendary octagon warriors

he literally always fights like that

he fought someone who was bigger, stronger, more powerful and just as technical this time so it didnt work.
I think we all gotta recognize Poiriers improved boxing game, he was teeing off in round 1 against Holloway. Not even Aldo got to fire off that many shots without getting pummeled in return.

It's not good for his health, but he comes to throw down in every fight. He'll take it and give it. Is it the best strategy? No, but be wants to entertain and be a great fighter. Dude is a warrior without a doubt.

He wont last long if he keeps relying on his chin like this.

Dustin hits pretty damn hard and has TKOed the likes of Justin and Eddie, yet Max ate them and kept moving foward like a warrior, truly impressive but this kind of shit is CTE triggering.

yes. Watching Max eat shots like candy even gave me CTE

Holloway needs head movement, guy just walks into punches and takes them and gives back. Not good for his career......

It does make me wonder how some people have more cushioning in their brains or whatever....not exactly something you can train

Max is gonna have a pretty short career fighting like this and will be drooling from a wheelchair by the time he's 45

I'm concerned for his health in the future,more than any other fighter at this point in terms of brain damage. The guy eats shots more than Gaethje.

Only in the fifth did he start slowing down. He was beaten, busted up and kept moving forwards eating shot after shot, and Dustin is not pillow-fisted at all. He had Dustin in trouble a few times.

It's like it's almost impossible to seriously hurt him, although you can outstrike him and outhurt him as Poirier showed us tonight. But man that must be one of the best chins we've ever seen.

Great fighter and heart of a champ. I think if he adds some muscle and power to his strikes he can hang in there with the LWs no problem.

Idk but I thought Holloway would have a significant speed advantage and he didn't. And then I thought about it and I realized he is not a very fast boxer for his size

Back