Does Gunnar Nelson has the second best BJJ at 170?

I remember several years ago Sherdog had Gunnar on prospect watch, but after hearing him talk, I am confident his lack of charisma will be the limiting factor in his career

I wonder how his BJJ would compare to Shields, Diaz and Fitch in an MMA fight.

Yeah he really needs to some smack talking and hair colouring tips from Fedor if mma fans are to be interested in him.

If Gunnar beats Edwards, I want him to fight TJ Waldburger.

He said he would be champion one day. I respnded with a comment about how it's hard to get anywhere close to the title when you have a personality that doesn't excite people.

You, on the other hand, made an empty post in your attempt to be the topic police

I've never seen personality as a reason for keeping someone from a title shot. Boring fights is really the only thing that has stopped a fighter from getting a title shot.

Eh, its hard to get excited about prospects with terrible persona

WHat the fuck are you talking about? I'm already looking forward to seeing him win just to see him give 0 fucks about it during his victory interview. I can't even remember a better post-fight interview in UFC history.

If GSP can be the biggest draw in MMA then Gunnar is just fine.

WHat the fuck are you talking about? I'm already looking forward to seeing him win just to see him give 0 fucks about it during his victory interview. I can't even remember a better post-fight interview in UFC history.

If GSP can be the biggest draw in MMA then Gunnar is just fine.

All of this. There are stacks of guys in the UFC who seem 'normal', but get hyped by highlight reels of great subs or KOs. Gunnar will be fine, just hope he can live up to the hype.

no chance gunnar loses to edwards. he will lose at some point, but not to edwards. thats sig bet/loser leaves sherdog worthy

Eh, its hard to get excited about prospects with terrible personalities.

I remember several years ago Sherdog had Gunnar on prospect watch, but after hearing him talk, I am confident his lack of charisma will be the limiting factor in his career

I wonder how his BJJ would compare to Shields, Diaz and Fitch in an MMA fight.

Winning fights > personality
Few people care about GSPs personality, but he keeps winning.

Does it really matter how good his BJJ is in a division with some complete grapplers?

Is Nelson the new bandwagon that everybody is jumping onto in the WW division?
How many of you will still be riding that wagon after he loses to Edwards?

You willing to bet your account on that Willdawg? Message me.

Back