Does GSP still fight the winner of Conor/Khabib after Woodley emerges a dominant champ in his div?

Mysterio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
While I think he can beat both LW's, fighting for the LW championship is really going to draw attention to him not fighting that beast of a champion currently sitting atop his natural division at WW -- esp after taking the MW title from Bisping.

No disrespect to one of the GOATS, but I think Woodley would be too much for him at this point (although I still favor GSP in his prime).

That's GSP goal is to fight either of those two guys. It'll be big money and a lot of hype.

UFC 229 hasn't happened yet as far as I know. We'll see then.

But seriously, who gives a shit whether GSP fights Woodley or not. He's already the WW GOAT by a long shot and has cleaned his division more than once. Nothing else to prove.

Woodley can concentrate on cleaning his division.

I think the only fight that makes sense would be Conor. Khabib is a beast, but brings little to the table in terms of legacy. Conor is a big name, was the lineal champion, also multiple time champion, and this fight moves the needle even in the mainstream.

He hopes so. It's an easy fight with plenty of money. Woodley or Whitaker would be a much better challenge

Only MMA fans want to see GSP vs Woodley. Your average Joe who can only name Conor and GSP only wants to see them fight.

True story: last weekend I was out at a corn maze with my wife and kids and I was wearing my UFC hat. At one point we passed this group of six adults that looked to be in their early thirties. It was three women and their three husbands or boyfriends. Two of the guys saw me wearing my hat and then I heard them say this to each other:

“Is MacGregor ever going to fight again? It’s been a long time since Mayweather”

“Yeah, he’s fighting like next month”

“Oh yeah, who’s he fighting?”

“Some guy I’ve never heard of. Supposed to be unbeaten or something”

“Oh yeah? Huh”

:rolleyes:

GSP looked slow against Bisping. He'd look even slower against Woodley. GSP was a phenomenal champion, but his prime was 8 years ago. I don't begrudge him trying to make as much money as possible per fight, but Woodley-GSP isn't a fight I have any interest in seeing, mostly because I'm a GSP fan.

nowadays GSP is fighting on social media only,
he took him more than 12months to unretire, when he announced that he was back
real fighters make a child and a training camp in this lapse of time

After GSP wins this 3rd division championship he will whoop Woodley and showcase once again why he is the Goat.

If GSP wants to retain his long term memory he should avoid Woodley like the plague.

He hopes so. It's an easy fight with plenty of money. Woodley or Whitaker would be a much better challenge
Much better challenges and theoretically loses em both.

It will be disappointing if GSP ducks Woodley his entire career to fight some manlets after ducking the real contenders at MW.

Back