Does GSP stand a chance against Khabib?

Lol.... 19 top 5 wins in a higher weight class vs 4 top 5 with his best win being Coke Conor coming off a boxing match. Another delusional khabib fan, just look at that NUt Higging thread title
I am actually a GSP fan, but I am afraid he will get beaten
FTFY.

Stupid question. Does the Greatest of all time stand a chance against a champion from the division below his.

Even more stupid is this clinging to Hendricks won and it was a robbery. If you watched that fight with random beard guy vs random shaved head guy you would score it one way or the other as a very close decision. People who cry about Johny being robbed are viewing his performance with the Halo Effect. Johny did better than those before him and gets extra credit for not getting 50-45 UD'd or worse. Hendricks lost and POST USADA Hendricks fell off the map. Post USADA GSP became the MW champion.

GSP won the points for more strikes, but most significant strikes and greater damage was inflicted by Hendricks. I don't think it was coincidence that GSP retired after that fight.

The timing is terrible. Three years ago it was interesting. It’s not particularly interesting anymore.

History has taught me not to doubt GSP. Even now, if the fight is at catch weight, I give him more chance than I give most guys against khabib. GSP's skill is still there, actually, I think he's more skilled than ever, it's his athleticism and conditioning that will let him down if anything.

History has taught me not to doubt GSP. Even now, if the fight is at catch weight, I give him more chance than I give most guys against khabib. GSP's skill is still there, actually, I think he's more skilled than ever, it's his athleticism and conditioning that will let him down if anything.
Genius fight IQ. Has every skill in the book. But you need that tremendous athleticism as well to defeat Khabib. I don’t think he has that anymore. Not remotely at the level it once was.

Based on what he was saying about what Khabib does extremely well, I have no doubt he has examined every aspect of him as a fighter. All of his tendencies. Problem is I don’t think he has the physical tools at this stage to do much about it. He’s just too far physically beyond his prime.
That’s a totally understandable take. I still think GSP can negate the TDs and keep it standing, where he’s the better striker. Would be so interesting to see though.

GSP won the points for more strikes, but most significant strikes and greater damage was inflicted by Hendricks. I don't think it was coincidence that GSP retired after that fight.
GSP was retiring win or lose. Anyone who thinks he got his ass beat and decided to retire because of it is lacking some critical thinking abilities.

Khabib would beat GSP at 155, GSP would he totally drained from the cut. At 170 I think GSP would win a decision with his striking.

That’s a totally understandable take. I still think GSP can negate the TDs and keep it standing, where he’s the better striker. Would be so interesting to see though.
Fedor Right, incredibly high fight IQ and in his prime devastating. Fight IQ is probably higher than it’s ever been. But physically he doesn’t have it anymore. That’s just kind of the way it is as you get older.

Fedor Right, incredibly high fight IQ and in his prime devastating. Fight IQ is probably higher than it’s ever been. But physically he doesn’t have it anymore. That’s just kind of the way it is as you get older.
Yeah but we haven’t really seen that from GSP. He might’ve lost a small step last time we saw him; hard to tell as he was moving up a weight class. GSP isn’t imposing his wrestling on Khabib I don’t think. But I think he’s still good enough to negate Khabib’s, and he’s easily the better striker.

Prime 170 GSP wins with ease.

Khabib will go into a rage the second he hears GSP speak French. Probably won't make it out of the press conference

Hendricks roided to the gills came CLOSE to defeating GSP. He did no significant damage whatsoever. Bruises on a super pale white dude vs a guy who has darker (white skin) and a full bush of a beard.

The ROIDed opponents is one the main reason GSP retired. GSP came the closest to ending the fight not Hendricks. GSP hit him more and Hendricks "Power" shots never had GSP remotely rocked.

2020 GSP loses easily

2012 GSP v 2020 Khabib I got GSP

Back