Does GSP have any non-Canadian fans?

Does the GOAT even have fans

Dearest,

-American sherdoggers

Sure. I’m Russian and I’ve rooted for GSP harder than for Fedor.

Actually Canada gets about 20 medals every Olympics (both in summer Olympics and in winter Olympics), and GSP is less well known than many of those Olympic medal winners.

GSP is pretty mid-level in fame for Canadian athletes, well below hockey stars and guys like Steve Nash, but higher than your average professional or Olympic athlete.

However, for an MMA fighter to be mid-level fame in Canada is pretty damn good, considering only 2% of Canadian households (there are 15 millions households) ever buy a UFC PPV. Lets face it, MMA is a niche sport. Four million Canadians watched the last women's curling championships for instance; no MMA fighter has ever gotten close to that.
I was alluding to all the hockey players

Watch UFC 217, buddeh.

Do you think the 90% of that crowd in New York City actually came from Canada to watch that fight? I don’t know MSG’s seating capacity but there were over 15,000 people chanting GSP’s name that night.

GSP was the face of this company long before Ronda and McGregor came along. And he was the face of that shit show company for longer than those two put together. They both walked away from the game after just a few years.

GSP like most Canadians is loved around the world. It’s just who we are as a nation and as a people. Even if the country is officially bilingual. We are all still Canadian.

Canada FTW.

This thread sucks.

Watch UFC 217, buddeh.

Do you think the 90% of that crowd in New York City actually came from Canada to watch that fight?

GSP was the face of this company long before Ronda and McGregor came along. And he was the face of that shit show company for longer than those two put together. They both walked away from the game after just a few years.

GSP like most Canadians is loved around the world. It’s just who we are as a nation and as a people. Even if the country is officially bilingual. We are all still Canadian.

Canada FTW.

This thread sucks.

Lol.

Where’s Anderson?
Big fan of Anderson and yeah you can add his diehards to that list. Similar situation with Jon Jones diehards. Silva and Jones gave his fans so many good fights performances they don’t want to even talk about the negatives. I would rather not talk about Anderson popping for PED’s...Also I’m a fan of GSP and not canadian but a ton of people were Hughes superfans at the time and I went with GSP and was the outlier. Even though GSP eventually developed one of the best double legs at first I was a fan of GSP because he wasn’t coming from a pure wrestling base.

Serious question. Whenever I see someone praising GSP or slobbing his knob, I look at their location: Canada.

Does GSP have any non-Canadian fans or are you all just Canadian marks?

I was just watching Ariel's bit on GSP. And so much of what he says was tied to being Canadian, GSP being Canadian, being proud as a Canadian. Why is GSP fandom so tightly tied to nationality? You see it with other fighters and nationalities sure, namely Brazil, but not to the extent that you see with GSP. What gives? Is Canada really that deprived of sports stars that you cling so tightly to your one?

It's crazy how many Canadian posters there are here. I wonder if any of you would be here if it weren't for GSP. Which is completely fine and understandable. It just blows my mind how loyal (and biased) his fans are.

He is my favorite fighter of all time and im not Canadian or even French.
The greatest.

Nope. None at all. Every single GSP fan is Canadian.

Serious question. Whenever I see someone praising GSP or slobbing his knob, I look at their location: Canada.
Are you saying only Canadians can recognize greatness?
Does GSP have any non-Canadian fans or are you all just Canadian marks?

I was just watching Ariel's bit on GSP. And so much of what he says was tied to being Canadian, GSP being Canadian, being proud as a Canadian. Why is GSP fandom so tightly tied to nationality? You see it with other fighters and nationalities sure, namely Brazil, but not to the extent that you see with GSP. What gives? Is Canada really that deprived of sports stars that you cling so tightly to your one?

It's crazy how many Canadian posters there are here. I wonder if any of you would be here if it weren't for GSP. Which is completely fine and understandable. It just blows my mind how loyal (and biased) his fans are.

yes gsp has more fans in the us than you can count on your fingers and toes.

next question

are you all just Canadian marks?

That's me.

So I googled Canadian Mark

o-MARK-MCMORRIS-570.jpg

Then curiously American Mark

mark-feuerstein-wet-hot-american-summer.jpg

Oddly fitting. Like a conservative older brother.

MV5BYWVkN2QxZjItMDFmNi00NTE3LTkwZDktOTM4MTE3NzM2ODk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzIzMTc2Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Actually Canada gets about 20 medals every Olympics (both in summer Olympics and in winter Olympics), and GSP is less well known than many of those Olympic medal winners.

GSP is pretty mid-level in fame for Canadian athletes, well below hockey stars and guys like Steve Nash, but higher than your average professional or Olympic athlete.

However, for an MMA fighter to be mid-level fame in Canada is pretty damn good, considering only 2% of Canadian households (there are 15 millions households) ever buy a UFC PPV. Lets face it, MMA is a niche sport. Four million Canadians watched the last women's curling championships for instance; no MMA fighter has ever gotten close to that.

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Much more fan interest both globally and in the US than Anderson.

Ck1dTR9.png

As you can see there is even more interest for GSP in some South American counties lol.

People all around the world love this man. Deal with it.

Last edited:
We probably need to set this in stone here at Sherdog. The most accurate list so far.

mount-3.gif

Nah. It's..

Penn fans
Conor fans
Diaz fans
DC "fans"
Fedor fans (they are just so insecure. They are the type of fans to go into a Platinum Perry is GOAT thread and argue why Fedor is better)

Back