Does GSP have any non-Canadian fans?

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Serious question. Whenever I see someone praising GSP or slobbing his knob, I look at their location: Canada.

Does GSP have any non-Canadian fans or are you all just Canadian marks?

I was just watching Ariel's bit on GSP. And so much of what he says was tied to being Canadian, GSP being Canadian, being proud as a Canadian. Why is GSP fandom so tightly tied to nationality? You see it with other fighters and nationalities sure, namely Brazil, but not to the extent that you see with GSP. What gives? Is Canada really that deprived of sports stars that you cling so tightly to your one?

It's crazy how many Canadian posters there are here. I wonder if any of you would be here if it weren't for GSP. Which is completely fine and understandable. It just blows my mind how loyal (and biased) his fans are.

I’m a fan even though I do think he could of challenged himself more

This is an idiotic thread and yes. He has plenty of fans outside his home nation, myself included.

Well, considering every one of his fights was outside of Canada except for like 3 and they always sold out, I would say yes. Also, in all those fights in the US and elsewhere, he was always given a hero's welcome.

Serious question. Whenever I see someone praising GSP or slobbing his knob, I look at their location: Canada.

Does GSP have any non-Canadian fans or are you all just Canadian marks?

I was just watching Ariel's bit on GSP. And so much of what he says was tied to being Canadian, GSP being Canadian, being proud as a Canadian. Why is GSP fandom so tightly tied to nationality? You see it with other fighters and nationalities sure, namely Brazil, but not to the extent that you see with GSP. What gives? Is Canada really that deprived of sports stars that you cling so tightly to your one?

It's crazy how many Canadian posters there are here. I wonder if any of you would be here if it weren't for GSP. Which is completely fine and understandable. It just blows my mind how loyal (and biased) his fans are.

Unless your favourite fighter is Conor McGregor, he is probably more popular than your favourite fighter, Einstein.

I like the last comment about fan bias. Please oh please tell me who has a fanbase that is in the GOAT discussion that doesn't? Or even a current champ .... All biased fanbases.

I rate him higher than cm punk.
It’s close though.
Lol

But in truth....
I bet u could beat his ass, cuz:)

I rate him higher than cm punk.
It’s close though.
Lol

But in truth....
I bet u could beat his ass, cuz:)

I doubt it. But thanks bro.

GSP%20Jackson.gif

I'm a GSP fan, he's a great guy, but his hardcore fans are borderline retarded.

P4P worst fanbases in MMA history:

1. GSP
2. Khabib
3. Conor

I appreciate gsp as a martial artist.
I agree with other posters and wish he could have tested himself more.
Jones, Fedor, Silva etc
would definitely have rematched hendricks and fought Woodley.

Jones proving that by fighting cormier and rematching Gustafsson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back