Does Greg Hardy have the worst cardio in UFC history?

NFL athletes are amazing for 10 seconds at a time. I agree. NBA players have the best cardio but they fight like awkward giraffes. I've yet to see a good punch in a scuffle.

All sports require a different type of athlete. In MMA, many different types of athletes can be succesful. He's probably like an Ngannou Lite. He's gonna gas but he's extremely lethal in the 1st round and probably early in rounds 2 and 3.

I dont watch NFL but from what I've seen, it's a game of short bursts of speed and power, followed by lots of resets.
In MMA you dont get to reset until 5 minutes, and you have a guy pressuring you and hurting you. It's just different.

He may be an "A Level Athlete" but I doubt guys like him would excel in marathons or triathlons etc.
He's extremely powerful and explosive but it comes at a price and that's endurance imo.

A guy like Nick Diaz can fight all day but doesnt have the same explosiveness or power. That seems to be the price to pay for those endurance type athletes.

This, its the same reason 100 meter sprinter runners are usually jacked and marathon runners are skinny AF, its not because the sprinters did sprint training all their life and that got them jacked, and the marathon runners all got skinny as fuck running all day, its because of genetics. They are suited to that sport based on body type, 100 meter sprinters are all gassed after running less than 10 seconds. Doesn't mean they have shit cardio, it takes a shit load of energy to propel a body that distance that quick. Just like it takes a shit load of energy to throw bombs with the power hardy throws them.

Yoel romero another guy with huge power, he fights in spurts because he can dump so much power so quick with shots, if he did what hardy did he would be just as gassed. on the other hand he can wrestle your ass off all day no problem.

Back