Does Glory perform drug testing?

roventu

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
just watching some of the fights, a lot of guys look like they're on horse meat lol

I think now that most of their events are in the US, the state athletic commissions will do the testing. Although beating those types of drug tests would be easy. Otherwise, drug testing is totally non-existent in other parts of the world.

I think now that most of their events are in the US, the state athletic commissions will do the testing. Although beating those types of drug tests would be easy. Otherwise, drug testing is totally non-existent in other parts of the world.

makes sense. thanks

Post fight on all american shows as per state athletic commission requirments. Not very stringent testing if you only do it post fight. Gives and advantage to overseas fighters who can get what they want legally at a pharmacy.

Glory does the little drug testing they do thru the iska who sanctions the events ( in some states they work with the athletic commission and some not). The only event I know of testing being performed was at last man standing in California and jerral miller failed his drug test. It is my understanding that glory has it in their contracts they can drug test but they have only done them when requested by a athletic commission

Like who?

well it's against sherdog rules to specifically claim one fighter is on PEDs. but i'm not here to speculate which fighters are on PEDs, i'm asking whether or not drug testing occurs for Glory.

thanks for the responses

The UFC has shown us that without random testing, a test can be systematically beaten. Not saying a lot of guys are doing it, but if they are willing to invest in beating the tests they could.

If you watch the Victor Conte episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast it pretty says that the current drug testing in the US is pretty much just an IQ test. Then if you factor in that drug testing is totally non-existent in other countries, I pretty much have no faith in anybody being clean.

It is very important to me as I want to roid up, glove up and get paid.

Yeah, there is drug testing, although I'm not sure that it's every fighter. I think it's mostly main events and title fights.

From the best of my knowledge there has been one failure in GLORY history, which was Jarrell Miller.

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php/...handed-csac-suspension-after-failed-drug-test

That was the CSAC because it was an event in the US in countries where there aren#t standard commisions who run those things nit's up to Glory and i just have the feeling they aren't tryong to match USADA.

Seriously if you look at kickboxers since the K-1 era a ton and almost everyone at HW fails the eye test in K-1 it was obviously the wild west but i doubt any of it has changed too much

Drug testing is relatively expensive. I'm sure the Glory brass would like to have more testing, but it's not cost effective.

Drug testing is relatively expensive. I'm sure the Glory brass would like to have more testing, but it's not cost effective.
No drug testing is very cheap. they could test every single fighter on the card for under a couple thousand dollars. They choose not to do so because it is only going to hurt the product. As far as what has been made public glory themselves nor the iska has actually ever tested anyone after their events. The only time it happens is on american events where the athletic commission does it for the main event but that has only occurred on the california events from my understanding

I hope they don't start doing strict testing. Leave that shit as is. It's fucked up MMA...

Back