• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does gary shaw fix fights?

I noticed that as well but I doubt he would've known it was broken immediately after it happened and don't think him still attempting to use an arm with a broken wrist is any indicator of anything.

And while Elite did co-promote out this was still a Strikeforce card and Scott Coker is one of the more solid promoters in MMA.

I really doubt this was a work, the fight being all stand up was largely predicated on Frank being stubborn and wanting to prove he could outstrike Le, and also the fact that Shamrocks wrestling is not that great.

Without strong evidence to the contrary like suspicious betting as in the tennis scandals or admissions I have trouble accepting allegations of works simply based on how the fight played out, especially in a three round slugfest. Especially since there are cries of "work" after every weekend of MMA cards now.

i don't think it was a work.

i think adrenaline had a factor is frank using his arm after the injury.

How many fights do you see where the fighters give each other high fives and make faces at each other after every punch lands? Almost like "whoops, I hit you, take a break and recover."

Watch Shamrocks punches when he has Le on the cage. They look to me, likehe pulled them at the last second, turning his arm so it was more of a scraping blow than a solid punch.. Every punch seemed to be at half power. It reallydid look like a sparring session, Stephen Quadros even commented on it.

Could it just have been a funny style matchup? Geez, maybe. It sure looked funny.

edit- BTW, "almost" everyone's opinion? Thats a jab at me isn't it?:D

Off the top of my head, Lytle vs Lawler and Renzo vs Smith... I'm sure with a little bit more thought I could find some others.

I don't know but this lee is like impossible to take down, it looks like he has a magical shield that prevent the takedown, shamrock had his back at one point (the missed backkick), and he lost the position very easily

Damn, now I really need to see that fight. Le/Fryklund and Kimbo/Tank looked like works to me.

I don't know but this lee is like impossible to take down, it looks like he has a magical shield that prevent the takedown, shamrock had his back at one point (the missed backkick), and he lost the position very easily
i don't think it's so much that he is impossible to take down as his opponents never really try hard to take him down. anyways i hope they give le misaki next.

Injury was real. The rest, I am not sure. I would be lying if the recent comments are not affecting my assessment, but the fight looked real IMO.

wasent kimbo-mercer fixed? i believe, mercer was brought in to lose? it sure looked like he didnt give a damn about training or fighting kimbo.

Just a heads up, there s a new sticky n the HWs forum warnng about work accusations. Careful of the ban, all.

It wouldn't be a shock. He has that Vince Mcmahon look.

Ive already heard uproar about Dawson/Johnson.

no it was not a fixed fight. If you know anything about frank, it would be he has way too big of an ego to take a dive for anyone. Looked " suspicious" because both of them were sparring partners and both have respect for each others strong skillset...franks ground game and Cung's striking. But frank wanted to prove that for the last 10 years he has been improving his striking and could stand with Cung and bang. Cung has great wrestling but in no way wanted to go to the ground with a guy like shamrock. So even though frank could have taken cung down, he chose to show his striking that he has been working on for the last decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshclarke01
Back