Does Fedor have a BJJ coach ?

I doubt he has a specific BJJ coach. He's pretty proud of his combat sambo and judo background so I would imagine that is probably still the base of most of his grappling training. My memory may be playing tricks on me here but I think he did some training camps with Glory and they definitely have Jiu-Jitsu guys there so it's not foreign to him but I can't think of many high level Russian Jitsu guys.

It's obvious what he should do... he needs to fly CJ Punk out to Russia. With CJ's high level of BJJ and his many experiences grappling with deadly guys, training MMA for years and a undefereated record he can afford Fedor a lot now.

This is just a rumor but I've even heard CJ submitted Al Bundy, a Gracie Black Belt, his BJJ is that legit.
cm-punk-al-bundy-gracie.jpg

one case out of millions where BJJ won

Sambo has a winning record over BJJ in MMA

Nikita Krylov submitting BJJ black belts easily, Khabib destroying black belt RDA vs Werdum submitting Fedor

4 -1

Surely you jest...
I think its been proven by now and Feds is well aware Jits > Sambo and the holes in his ground game.

I could understand staying away from Werdum in a rematch but entirely avoiding Monson and Maldonado ??? C'mon...

Monson used to be high level BJJ but all he ever does now is North-South choke set ups for last 30 fights that mostly only work on Amateurs. He's well-worn, has been fighting lower levels guys in villages practically, and yet Fedor still avoided his game like the plague. Same w Maldo.

It's a National Pride thing... he already bashed BJJ and doesn't want to come out and say it's better or get a BJJ coach when Sambo is the RU Martial Art and his buddo Putin also claims it's the deadliest form.

So instead he goes on, thinking he'll just avoid ground entirely by improving kickboxing.

Maybe he's lost the strenght to power out of stuff like he used to and that's more what Sambo's about. Strength over technique vs BJJ which is pure technique.

At one point he was one of game's best ground guys but the sports moved on and he's no longer at the Grappling level he needs to be.
Sad but true...

It's obvious what he should do... he needs to fly CJ Punk out to Russia. With CJ's high level of BJJ and his many experiences grappling with deadly guys, training MMA for years and a undefereated record he can afford Fedor a lot now.

This is just a rumor but I've even heard CJ submitted Al Bundy, a Gracie Black Belt, his BJJ is that legit.
cm-punk-al-bundy-gracie.jpg
I know you're joking and all, but honestly, he would probably benefit from bringing some new guys into his camp to train with....just not CM Punk haha.

I don't know, based on what I saw with Gordon Ryan and Keenan Cornelius, sambo basically tears shit up.

Surely you jest...
I think its been proven by now and Feds is well aware Jits > Sambo and the holes in his ground game.

I could understand staying away from Werdum in a rematch but entirely avoiding Monson and Maldonado ??? C'mon...

Monson used to be high level BJJ but all he ever does now is North-South choke set ups for last 30 fights that mostly only work on Amateurs. He's well-worn, has been fighting lower levels guys in villages practically, and yet Fedor still avoided his game like the plague. Same w Maldo.

It's a National Pride thing... he already bashed BJJ and doesn't want to come out and say it's better or get a BJJ coach when Sambo is the RU Martial Art and his buddo Putin also claims it's the deadliest form.

So instead he goes on, thinking he'll just avoid ground entirely by improving kickboxing.

Maybe he's lost the strenght to power out of stuff like he used to and that's more what Sambo's about. Strength over technique vs BJJ which is pure technique.

At one point he was one of game's best ground guys but the sports moved on and he's no longer at the Grappling level he needs to be.
Nonsense

Not this again. For MMA BJJ > Sambo.

It's more technical, goes into greater detail and is more sound. Sambo relies more on strength and simplicity.
Lol, sure Helio invented leverage, right ?

Back