Does Everyone Tend 2 Agree W/Vegas Odds RE: Hendo vs Cormier? Hendo Likely Trashed?

daPROFESSOR

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
First, I'd like to see Hendo pull it off. I've been a long time fan.

I think Dan has a good shot. Is the trt going to be that big of a deal? Dan beat Fedor for crying out loud.

This fight was honestly made as a showcase for Cormier. And I hate it for that reason.

But Hendo is also quite the upset master, so who knows what could happen. But honestly this should be a pretty clear cut UD for Cormier. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a TKO at this point honestly.

Fucking sucks. Hendo is a favourite of mine. But Cormier is a better wrestler than Hendo ever was and has shown to have a much more sophisticated striking game.

It's not that I hate this fight. It just would have at least been nice if Hendo had actually a break before returning. The Shogun fight doesn't feel that long ago and he's already up against DC.

First, I'd like to see Hendo pull it off. I've been a long time fan.

I think Dan has a good shot. Is the trt going to be that big of a deal? Dan beat Fedor for crying out loud.

Cormier is a much better fighter than Fedor. With or without trt, he won't be able to even land anything significant on Cormier.

DC is faster, better footwork and better wrestling. Hendo is in trouble, he needs to land a big one and punish the back of the head asap.

Just shows how tough Hendo is to be cleared for fighting again so soon after the Shogun brawl.

I'm a sure a lot of bettor would spend their money on the underdog, You can't count H-Bomb out even without TRT.

This fight was honestly made as a showcase for Cormier. And I hate it for that reason.

But Hendo is also quite the upset master, so who knows what could happen. But honestly this should be a pretty clear cut UD for Cormier. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a TKO at this point honestly.

Fucking sucks. Hendo is a favourite of mine. But Cormier is a better wrestler than Hendo ever was and has shown to have a much more sophisticated striking game.

Agreed. Also at this point, Dan's big right hand is his only shot at victory in this match-up. Cormier is too fast, and smart to get caught by it. I'm thinking DC will neutralize the H-Bomb by closing the distance and grinding him out. Even if Hendo did somehow get through DC, would he be up for the title shot? I definitely don't see him dethroning either Gus or Jones after they have their rematch.

Dan Henderson fan here...
I hope they're paying him a lot of money for this fight.

He could have strung out his retirement into a handful of entertaining and winnable fights.

I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a clear "slam the door shut" situation for Henderson.

No shame. Worst case scenario, he goes out on his shield, taking the "man's man" way out.

The guy has taken on nothing less than a "murderer's row" of competition in the past few years.

Fighting DC is an amazing commitment for him.

I wish him the best and won't think any les of him if he doesn't pull out the win.

lot of love for Hendo in the thread,personally i've never liked him,always came across as a bit of a c*nt to me....so for that reason,i hope he gets smashed then hangs them up.....as for the odds,i agree with them for this bout.

Easy fight for Cormier. It's probably going to look like the Mir and Nelson fight. Kind of want to see how tough Cormier's chin is though.

lot of love for Hendo in the thread,personally i've never liked him,always came across as a bit of a c*nt to me....so for that reason,i hope he gets smashed then hangs them up.....as for the odds,i agree with them for this bout.

A ****?? Not sure about that he is about down to earth man's man as it gets

Cormier is a much better fighter than Fedor. With or without trt, he won't be able to even land anything significant on Cormier.

Maybe in that point in his career but Fedor would have taken DC in his Pride run.. DC couldn't finish Monson Roy or Barnett.. Fedor finished people quickly..

don't ever count hendo out.

he wasn't supposed to win against fedor, and in the 2nd shogun fight was getting smashed.

he's landed big shots on most of his opponents over the years.

You didn't even say what are the odds. How can we agree or not?

But I'd guess he's about +300 or +400. Realistically, he has little chance to pull it off.

Dan Henderson fan here...
I hope they're paying him a lot of money for this fight.

He could have strung out his retirement into a handful of entertaining and winnable fights.

I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a clear "slam the door shut" situation for Henderson.

No shame. Worst case scenario, he goes out on his shield, taking the "man's man" way out.

The guy has taken on nothing less than a "murderer's row" of competition in the past few years.

Fighting DC is an amazing commitment for him.

I wish him the best and won't think any les of him if he doesn't pull out the win.
word homie!

Henderson won't be on the medical grade steroids for this one so at most he has a puncher's chance. Cormier is better everywhere but it is a surprising sport in the sense that anything could happen.

Back