Does Eddie Wineland has a glass chin?

The more I watch it, the more I'm convinced he has the worst chin in his division.

CriminalPresentClumber.gif

That was a fucking clean haymaker right on the chin. Also, he was focusing on punching himself and clearly didn't expect the right hand from Eduardo.

Against Barao, he took a spinning back kick right in the face and then got swarmed.

He needs to improve his defense/awareness and avoid eating power shots, that's the problem. He got hit with literally the same overhand twice in a row.

Name 10 guys with better chins than Eddie

I asked you first.

But I'll play:

Barao
Faber
McDonald
Dantas
Assancao
Maroes
Alcantara
Galvao
Caceres
Rivera

Your turn.

So did Eddie Wineland get a glass chin after getting KOd by Renan Barao?
Your first mistake was in assuming that Wineland was knocked out in any way, shape or form. He wasn't. He was knocked down by a glancing kick to the shoulder, and was then placed on the wrong end of an egregiously early stoppage. TKOs via referee incompetence aren't chin-busters.

does it hurt to get uppercut and kicked in face?

Because I think because he just got brutally knocked out two times in a row. Yes the Renan Barao kick was hard and would KO most people, but Jehnny Eduardo's not very powerful but he still managed to knock Eddie Wineland out unconscious. These fighters are also only bantamweights and don't weight much so there's not a lot of power in their strikes.
So did Eddie Wineland get a glass chin after getting KOd by Renan Barao? I hope not because I really like Eddie Wineland and he needs to fight smarter and keep his hands up more because he will be knocked out again unless he does that.

The fuck ? You can't have Not alot of power and Eddie Wineland's name in the same paragraph. I'm not even going to bother listing other 35er's with KO power.

I asked you first.

But I'll play:

Barao
Faber
McDonald
Dantas
Assancao
Maroes
Alcantara
Galvao
Caceres
Rivera

Your turn.

Hate to harp on your list which is actually quite good but I watched Dantas get KO'ed COLD by Tyson Nam, and ironically I watched Galvao get KO'ed COLD against Dantas lol, I've yet to see Wineland actually out he deserves to be on this list more than those two.

Johnny Eduardo cracked him with two solid full wind up on the button right hooks. Saying he's not powerful is not giving him credit.

Well, he was never out against Barao. If anything I believe that fight could have continued.

No. He just fights with his hands low and his chin up.

He's a great fighter with a horrible defensive stance.
It's the kind of thing that you need to fix as a pro fighter. It's incredible that he got that far. As the sport evolves (and god knows it does) these types of fighters will simply not survive.

Heck yes

Against Barao, he took a spinning back kick right in the face and then got swarmed.

It wasn't to the face. Slow mo instant replays showed it was to the wrist and earlobe. The TKO was ref-assisted. If it was hockey, the ref would have earned 1 point for the assist.

Well, he was never out against Barao. If anything I believe that fight could have continued.
It absolutely could have continued, the only reason it got stopped so quickly was because the ref actually thought Barao's kick hit Wineland dead in the face when it didn't, which is understandable because Barao's own back was to the ref so he obviously couldn't see the full exchange, but still.. as I said with the second Faber fight (also a terrible stoppage), just give him at least three seconds to prove he's still in the fight.

Disregarding the bullshit Faber stoppage, the Herb Dean we had on Saturday night would've never bungled that shit so badly.

Name 10 guys in his division with worse chins then Eddie.

How is that a "litmus test" on having a good or bad chin? That's just stupid. If I could name 10 guys with better chins than Mark Hunt would that mean he has a glass jaw too?

He's fairly chinny, wouldn't call it a glass jaw though.

Hate to harp on your list which is actually quite good but I watched Dantas get KO'ed COLD by Tyson Nam, and ironically I watched Galvao get KO'ed COLD against Dantas lol, I've yet to see Wineland actually out he deserves to be on this list more than those two.

That's because his idea of using a "list" to determine whether or not someone has a glass chin is one of the dumbest gauges I've ever heard in any combat sport. It's like saying that because Jeremy Horn has more KOs than Johny Hendricks that Horn is the better power puncher. Why? Because on a list of most KOs, Horn is higher. :rolleyes:

no, he has (or at least had) a really good chin, it might be shot now though

it's more that he just keeps his hands really low all of the time.

How is that a "litmus test" on having a good or bad chin? That's just stupid. If I could name 10 guys with better chins than Mark Hunt would that mean he has a glass jaw too?

That is a silly analogy & you know it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back