Does eating steak/red meat make a difference in your weight lifting?

Rock Hard

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Thoughts? Like, if you eat steak the day before lifting, do you notice a difference in the gym?

I wouldn't eat a lot of steak before a heavy squatting session. After a workout is a different story

There's lots of good stuff in steak and other red meats, but if you're noticing a difference from one meal, it's probably a psychological effect. I will notice a positive difference if I've had extra carbs, and might be a bit bloated. Like from pizza.

I wouldn't eat a lot of steak before a heavy squatting session. After a workout is a different story

I love eating steak before lifting. Add some veggies as a side and you're set for a little bit.

I love eating steak before lifting. Add some veggies as a side and you're set for a little bit.

I find that if I train with any substantial amount in me my training goes to shit. Obviously I'm not saying everyone should do this but personally I like just taking some BCAAs and caffeine before I lift.

So healthy and clean. I don't even know who you are anymore.

So healthy and clean. I don't even know who you are anymore.

Still the same fucker. I'm making fries and nuggets right now.

Clearly I care.

If you wash it all down with some monster I'll feel much better. Once you started using capitals and punctuation, you reached the point where no further changes are necessary or beneficial.

If you wash it all down with some monster I'll feel much better. Once you started using capitals and punctuation, you reached the point where no further changes are necessary or beneficial.

I am the ideal man. That's why I have two Jauntypoints. And let's be honest, I deserve a third.

:icon_sad:

I"ve always imagined it being similar to morgan freeman reading your favorite novel to you... or like a 3 dimensional being visiting a 2 dimensional plane just to laugh at the inhabitants because it's better than they are (the 3d being obviously having the jaunty point), or possibly just how Ron Burgundy feels just living day today. But unfortunately, I can only imagine.

:icon_sad:

The JauntyPoints system is a globally renowned, internationally-accepted mechanism for honouring the achievements of spectacularly high levels of awesomeness and magnificence. I am the founder of the system of JauntyPoints, but it is administered through a secret and shadowy committee called the International JauntyPoints Committee. I can't reveal much about them, except to say that if you've seen "The Avengers", and remember that committee that seems to be in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D. who Nick Fury talks to over video call sometimes, and who you can't see because they sit in darkness, and who authorize a nuclear strike on Manhattan in order to get rid of the alien threat, well, there are certain/very strong/almost overwhelming similarities between the IJPC and them.

Currently there are 8-9 forum members with JauntyPoints, two of whom, MIDMO and Beph, having two.

I guess this really needs to be added to the FAQ.

I think it does help for strength. Its not the best thing for your overall health however.

I think it does help for strength. Its not the best thing for your overall health however.

Thank you for chiming in. It's always nice to get the "under-70-IQ" perspective.

I would.

I will notice a positive difference if I've had extra carbs, and might be a bit bloated. Like from pizza.

I feel similarly. Training on an empty stomach is for goons.

I am the ideal man. That's why I have two Jauntypoints. And let's be honest, I deserve a third.

B, I must refer you to the following exchange. It highlights how you have been slacking on your one important function in this forum, and thusly are wholly undeserving of the JauntyPoints you already have, let alone another.
vYajY.gif
Best GIF response ever.

Just sayin. Maybe now you can join the thread and redeem your value. http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/martin-rooneys-books-methods-any-good-2330461/index3.html

Correct, babe. Steak is a killer, for sure.

Last edited:
That cat gif just had me loling like a schoolie.
The expression on that guys face just triggered a coughing fit, my asthma has been bad this week, think its the cold air.

Back