Does Dong have better boxing than even he knows?

The gif's a bad angle, but watching the fight live it looked like he just closed his eyes and swung when he saw Erick start to swing. You can even see he doesn't notice Silva is knocked out and falling down and he has to look up before he notices

And no, Condit is no slouch in the striking department but he was soooo far away from DHK when he launched his strike. It was literally coming from miles away and he still got hit with it

3_medium.gif

no, no it was not literally coming from miles away. Also, I said "dong" when it landed.

There's a reason why his nickname is stun gun.

Eyes closed and swings for the fences my ass. Plus, Condit is no slouch in the striking department.

Agreed. Not a lucky punch at all. That exchange was just perfectly executed.

Well after that brutal KO, I've got a feeling will be seeing some K1 Dong next time out.

Is K1 outdated now? Isn't Glory the big thing now?

Glory Dong, we're gonna see some Glory Dong.

I love Glory Dong.

Omg, yes!!, YES!!!! The glory dong bomb will dominate

Do people do these posts just to say DONG?

The gif's a bad angle, but watching the fight live it looked like he just closed his eyes and swung when he saw Erick start to swing. You can even see he doesn't notice Silva is knocked out and falling down and he has to look up before he notices

And no, Condit is no slouch in the striking department but he was soooo far away from DHK when he launched his strike. It was literally coming from miles away and he still got hit with it

3_medium.gif

Kim was looking at Silva before he threw the punch. You don't necessarily have to be looking right at the guy when the punch connects to be accurate, especially if it's a straight punch. Plus, by moving his head to the side, he avoided Silva's punch while landing his. Kenny Florian explained it perfectly. As for the Condit ko, people get caught sometimes and that was the first time Kim's ever been knocked out. I'm not saying Kim's a great striker, but he knows how to throw a mean left straight.

I don't think you know what literally means.

3_medium.gif

Well said, sir.

Kim was looking at Silva before he threw the punch. You don't necessarily have to be looking right at the guy when the punch connects to be accurate, especially if it's a straight punch. Plus, by moving his head to the side, he avoided Silva's punch while landing his. Kenny Florian explained it perfectly. As for the Condit ko, people get caught sometimes and that was the first time Kim's ever been knocked out. I'm not saying Kim's a great striker, but he knows how to throw a mean left straight.

Calm down, he just landed ONE good punch.

I think he just needs to do more with his ground and pound. He's brutal with it but uses it too sparingly IMO

Well after that brutal KO, I've got a feeling will be seeing some K1 Dong next time out.

Is K1 outdated now? Isn't Glory the big thing now?

Glory Dong, we're gonna see some Glory Dong.

I love Glory Dong.

lol

He's decent. His hands aren't that fast is all. I hope to see him improve and hit some combos.

Agreed. Not a lucky punch at all. That exchange was just perfectly executed.

I never said it was a lucky punch. I just said Kim closed his eyes and threw everything he had in that exchange. Which he did. You're the one who interpreted it as me saying it was lucky.

I've already said in this thread that Kim did the exact right thing by brawling as it was completely unexpected and caught everyone, and more importantly Silva, of guard

No...he needs to work on his striking and cardio.
I still believe he got lucky with Silva-and I am a fan of Kim

He has a "Stun Gun" his boxing is not natural so to speak. He throws but it's not fluid when moving forward or in standstill but if he fades and you come in he will get you. :icon_chee

I never said it was a lucky punch. I just said Kim closed his eyes and threw everything he had in that exchange. Which he did. You're the one who interpreted it as me saying it was lucky.

I've already said in this thread that Kim did the exact right thing by brawling as it was completely unexpected and caught everyone, and more importantly Silva, of guard

But you did say, "Eyes closed and swinging for the fences works every time," implying luck was involved.

But you did say, "Eyes closed and swinging for the fences works every time," implying luck was involved.

I think it's lucky that he knocked out a better striker than himself, but the actual exchange isn't.

Glory Dong is good. Good one boys.

I think his boxing is still pretty bad but now he will have some confidence in his ability to punch with some power behind it and that will open up his overall game. I don't think he will fall in love with striking though and start headhunting like a lot of guys do after a KOTN.

Back