Does DC secure a TD in round 1?

i think he took the opportunity to beat the crap out of the guy the easiest way he could. I don't believe for a second he'd be afraid to trade with him if for some reason he couldn't take Hendo down. He's able to damn near juggle him in mid air so I don't know why anyone would not take advantage of that

I thought the same thing. Just rewatched that fight a couple days ago and he clearly took the easy route. He was just so much stronger and Hendo's TD is horrendous.

On topic, yes I believe DC gets Jones down early. He will find his way into the clinch either by his striking or bullying.

Gus got 1 almost effortlessly. Wat do u think an olympic wrastler will do. Gus Is a kick boxer

Yes, but the threat of the TD will be more important. It will force Jones to keep his hands low, and he'll get lit up by overhand rights, and uppercuts in the clinch. Just watch.

Gus got 1 so DC can get many. Jones has come.up defending the TD or getting it when he wants.

DC has zero TD's in the first.

he might actually throw jones out of the cage.

Now people are going to be anxious waiting to see if it happens.

tumblr_m28iqs10n21qhsw0o.gif

For sure. I see him getting at least one TD in the first and the second round, maintaining control and doing a little damage enought to win the first two rounds, but I see them being a bit more labored and less effective and Bones winning the next three pretty handily with distance striking. Unanimous 48-47 Bones is my pick. No finish. Both guys too durable and there is no evidence to suggest they get finished, hell, they've never even been beaten, but someone has to lose here. Draw would be ZOMGF.

I just hope it's a clean fight and there isn't a freak injury.

Jones should win but it wouldn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone 't DC pulls it off. I think he can land most takedowns.

Last edited:
He has the whole AKA behind him (you know, that one gym where Cain Velasquez trains him), working on this fight and prepairing DC for months upon months, and you think that the best their combined effort will produce is a tactic where DC has to get a TD in RD1 or it's all over? You do realise that this man took 1 round to KO a guy who Hunto couldn't KO for 5 rounds? I'd think at least some of his tactic involved movement and striking, especially since Gus showed how Jones reacts to angles.

I swear, some of these thread starters don't even watch MMA.

Back